starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift-only workout -- what will go wrong?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreg View Post
    @Steve: what would be the virtue of multiple empty bar curls, exactly? Just fun?
    Fun in a way. My coach put barbell curls in my program a few weeks ago along with a lot of other hypertrophy stuff. Try fifty reps with an empty bar. Muscle failure with 45 pounds or in my case 35 because I started with the technique bar. Anyways, about two days later your upper biceps will be on fire and it will be hard to straighten your arms. Then when the pain stops after another day or two you will still have bigger arms. Yeah, it is fun!

Look at Rip's video for correct form.

Yes, I do feel distinctly lucky with the equipment -- and you all have definitely made me realize that there are more options than I had considered in the cramped space. Many thanks. I think I can sort a version of everything but heavy back squats
    Maybe you could hack squat in the meantime. I'm not sure if you could set those up very heavy though. Just an idea

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, I do feel distinctly lucky with the equipment -- and you all have definitely made me realize that there are more options than I had considered in the cramped space. Many thanks. I think I can sort a version of everything but heavy back squats -- something to look forward to when the gyms are open, again.
    If you've got a couple of sawhorses try back squats starting from the bottom position. Might have to deload slightly but definitely not as much as a front squat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12