starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha debate

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Can people who pretend to be others for a living (celebrities) really be on this list? IMO, Teddy belongs on the list and the rest should be reserved for military heroes and other badasses. I nominate: Churchill, Patton, John Brown, Sherman, and a tip of the hat to Lombardi.

Yeah, Reed, and Brando a close second. Schwarzenegger? A guy who poses half nekkid for other men? Nah.

Speaking of actors in general, does anyone else believe that Hollywood today is bereft of real men? Who, today, can compare with, for example, Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Jack Webb, Lee Van Cleef?

Quote Originally Posted by MashedTaters View Post
    Yeah, Reed, and Brando a close second. Schwarzenegger? A guy who poses half nekkid for other men? Nah.

Speaking of actors in general, does anyone else believe that Hollywood today is bereft of real men? Who, today, can compare with, for example, Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Jack Webb, Lee Van Cleef?
    Keanu is a real motherfucka

Quote Originally Posted by MashedTaters View Post
    Mmmm, Harvey Keitel? Clint Eastwood? Liam Neeson? James Cosmo? Sean Connery?

I am convinced. No actors. How about Badass Larry Thorne?

If anyone is looking for a fun read at this time or any other time try Hellraisers: The Life and Inebriated Times of Burton, Harris, O'Toole and Reed. A few appropriate quote:

'God put me on this earth to raise sheer hell.' Richard Burton
    'I was a sinner. I slugged some people. I hurt many people. And it's true, I never looked back to see the casualties.' Richard Harris
    'Booze is the most outrageous of all drugs, which is why I chose it.' Peter O'Toole
    'I don't have a drink problem. But if that was the case and doctors told me I had to stop I'd like to think I would be brave enough to drink myself into the grave.' Oliver Reed

It's not a matter of "No actors" but which actor. I propose David Niven

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Mmmm, Harvey Keitel? Clint Eastwood? Liam Neeson? James Cosmo? Sean Connery?

im a huge Clint Eastwood fan. Would like to hear his thoughts on the matter at hand. I do know that he is for gun control.

Does the fact that Tom Cruise performing nearly all of his own stunts cancel out the fact that he may be...uh...nuts?

Throw in Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, IMO.

Liam Neeson...trained batman/was Ras A Guhl, Obi Wan, ID'ed Darth Vader, was Darkman, destroyed men in three taken movies. Seems a bit badass to me.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Does the fact that Tom Cruise performing nearly all of his own stunts cancel out the fact that he may be...uh...nuts?

Throw in Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, IMO.

Liam Neeson...trained batman/was Ras A Guhl, Obi Wan, ID'ed Darth Vader, was Darkman, destroyed men in three taken movies. Seems a bit badass to me.
    I had someone in the biz tell me that Cruise is a confirmed bitch - so much so that on the set of The Mummy, Russell Crowe was extremely well behaved because Cruise was being such a fucking diva.

He also said that Hugh Jackman was an extremely hard worker, never complained and all around great dude.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast