starting strength gym

Thread: Our Trap Bar Argument Is Flawed? - Starting Strength Radio Clips

Default Our Trap Bar Argument Is Flawed? - Starting Strength Radio Clips

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Regarding the US Military's use of the trap bar.

It's just for assessment of general strength.
    They are not going to run a recruit through a gambit of deadlift, bench, squat, press.
    And what if they did do that, they would just screw it up anyway: safety bar squats, and football bar incline bench press or some such foolishness.

From what I'm told, most gyms at the mil bases have regular barbells in them.
    I don't think they are pushing that as the primary method of training strength.
    But admittedly, that is probably happening, because to the "uninitiated", it would seem logical.

Your argument should be:

"the fastest way most efficient way to increase your 3RM trap bar lift, is to train the squat, press(es), and deadlift with the SSNLP using barbells"

and/or

"by getting your deadlift up to 405x5, you'll throw that silly little med ball 12+ meters, and all of the other silly contest-events they are having you do"

Ah! That's for straightening me out on this.

It's amazing the endless stuff the US Army teaches the average soldier that the general public can't grasp: ballistics, navigation, electronic communications, weapons safety. But a 5 step deadlift is apparently just waaaaay too complex to teach.