Thread: Starting Strength Franchise Gyms are closed

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Default Starting Strength Franchise Gyms are closed

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Tough week.

On Monday, the Mayor of Dallas ordered all gyms closed.

On Tuesday, Colorado shut down all gyms, including Starting Strength Denver.

Yesterday (Wednesday), we alerted our members and asked them to NOT pause their memberships. These gyms are all less than one year old - they have not hit breakeven yet and as such they don't have a strong cash position. Instead, we asked members to keep their payments coming in (if they have the means) and we will apply those payments to their accounts in equal credits over 10 months once the gyms reopen.

Today (Thursday March 19, 2020) the state of Texas ordered all gyms closed. Starting Strength Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Denver are now all closed.

That's the bad news. The good news is that this community responded in a supportive, selfless way. The response to our request for billing flexibility was met enthusiastic support. In a few days or less, gym owners went from not knowing how long they'd be able to keep paying their bills, to feeling confident that payroll can be made even if this situation goes on for a couple of months. As a thank you to our members that showed this level of support, we are providing free Online Coaching to them during the gym closures.

We've also switched our websites to an Online Coaching focus so that we can bring on new members while the gyms are closed. The gyms are setup to support Online Coaching for members anywhere in the world. If you'd like to support our franchise owners and are in need of an Online Coach, here are the links to their websites to sign-up ($185/month).

Crisis reveals the true nature of people and communities. THANK YOU to our members. We are very fortunate.

Good luck everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Tough week.

On Monday, the Mayor of Dallas ordered all gyms closed.

On Tuesday, Colorado shut down all gyms, including Starting Strength Denver.

Yesterday (Wednesday), we alerted our members and asked them to NOT pause their memberships. These gyms are all less than one year old - they have not hit breakeven yet and as such they don't have a strong cash position. Instead, we asked members to keep their payments coming in (if they have the means) and we will apply those payments to their accounts in equal credits over 10 months once the gyms reopen.

Today (Thursday March 19, 2020) the state of Texas ordered all gyms closed. Starting Strength Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Denver are now all closed.

That's the bad news. The good news is that this community responded in a supportive, selfless way. The response to our request for billing flexibility was met enthusiastic support. In a few days or less, gym owners went from not knowing how long they'd be able to keep paying their bills, to feeling confident that payroll can be made even if this situation goes on for a couple of months. As a thank you to our members that showed this level of support, we are providing free Online Coaching to them during the gym closures.

We've also switched our websites to an Online Coaching focus so that we can bring on new members while the gyms are closed. The gyms are setup to support Online Coaching for members anywhere in the world. If you'd like to support our franchise owners and are in need of an Online Coach, here are the links to their websites to sign-up ($185/month).

Crisis reveals the true nature of people and communities. THANK YOU to our members. We are very fortunate.
    Signing up for this. Great idea.

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by novicejay View Post
    Signing up for this. Great idea.
    Excellent. If you have any feedback to share about the sign up flow, coach communication, program effectiveness, etc, I'd love to hear about. I'm ray [at] startingstrengthgyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Excellent. If you have any feedback to share about the sign up flow, coach communication, program effectiveness, etc, I'd love to hear about. I'm ray [at] startingstrengthgyms.com

I click on the link for Dallas. The only issue I see is what one I pick because under "plans and passes" I didn't see the "remote" option.

I did see this one:

Programming and Training - Uncoached

I found it now. Sorry about that. I'm excited. I don't know who the Coach is there but this is awesome.

Starting Strength Coach

Thanks Jay. If there’s anything we can make clearer in the sign up flow, please email me with your ideas.

Brent Carter is the Head Coach and Owner at SS Dallas. He’s a Seminar Staff Coach as well and is very experienced with online (and offline) coaching. You’re in good hands.

Can I put a plug in for Jared Nessland in Colorado with SS Denver? I was a little leery of online coaching (I live in Idaho). But he’s been amazing to work with! I paid thru August and will pay again for 6 months after that.

His coaching has made all the difference!

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RKC View Post
    Can I put a plug in for Jared Nessland in Colorado with SS Denver?
    Plug away, he deserves the recognition. 20+ years of coaching experience and the SSC credential.

starting strength coach development program
    Is there any way people can donate a lesser amount, not even to become an SSC online client, but just to help out the SSCs in any way possible?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast