starting strength gym
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: House Arrest Skills - Choosing the Right Handgun Caliber

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Even nicer than what Daniel Defense puts out?
    I should have included DD in my recommendation for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Johnson View Post
    Nick, are you still loving on the G45?

I just made my first striker fire purchase with a M&P 2.0 compact. Looked at various Glocks, but decided on the M&P because it was quite a bit less.
    I've had it for a little over a year now, I think, and it's my favorite version of Glock.

I don’t think I’ve ever cum so hard.

Thank you, Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Pretty much anything you get in the $1k range should be good to go. Where you want to be careful is at the $500-$750 range, I think, unless you just want an AR platform to shoot at the range here and there. $1000 should get you a really good rifle. I would avoid punisher skulls, "badass" quotes, or any other cute statements, especially on an AR since it's an extremely deadly and terrifying weapon of war that no one other than the government should own.
    Careful is probably the right word. I had an M&P Sport II that I probably put 5000 rounds through with zero issues and that's one of the most basic entry-level ARs at right around $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    I've had it for a little over a year now, I think, and it's my favorite version of Glock.
    My favorite Glock by far is my 19.

For entry level AR, the Smith and Wesson M&P is hard to beat. There is a torture test out on youtube where they ran it on a full auto lower till the furniture caught fire. Damned impressive performance from a budget rifle.
    If you want higher tier performance , and you can find one, Bravo Company.
    No matter what you get, invest in decent ammo and stone it up with couple hundred rounds at the range. Then clean it, and keep it wet (lubricated).
    Once you get it, you have to start thinking about safe storage, optics, and any other bells and whistles you think you need.
    As for handguns, a big honkin’ hole is good if you can hit your target, and if you have enough rounds for all the targets. I carried 9 for Years, then a couple years at .40, which I never really liked shooting. I have since settled on .45.
    Glock for edc concealed and Springfield xdm for farm carry. I like the way if feels when I shoot it, I find it surprisingly easy to shoot, and it makes a big damned hole going in. 11 rounds in the compact version ain't bad neither.

But really, it doesn't matter what caliber you choose as long as you are proficient with it and it works when you need it.

I have a DD V11 and it's real nice. Lightweight, easy to customize, and never jams. Glock 30 for my CC per Rip's recommendation. Love it and glad that I listened.

10mm Auto for semis...

It's incredibly hard to beat Palmetto State Armory for budget rifles. I would avoid anything shorter than rifle length barrels in 5.56. Their warranty and customer service are top notch.

If you're really worried about survival, then having .22LR, 9mm, 12 ga, and 5.56 platforms on hand will cover the range of commonality and availability. If you want to reload and cast, consider a .45-70 platform like a Marlin and the .45 revolver featured here. For longer ranges, the 7.62 is still the most widely prevalent. Other cartridges are good, but are less common or more niche.

You should always select your cartridge first, and it should suit your mission profile (or personal needs and environment).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    .45-70 platform like a Marlin
    Bloody hell, what kind of varmints do you have in SC that calls for .45-70?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast