starting strength gym

Thread: SS Radio #55: Starting Privacy with Ben Gillenwater

Default Jack Reacher style Privacy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Brilliant podcast today. This is exactly why I like Jack Reacher style privacy - just go completely off the grid re. personal life apart from your national security number. Jack lived a cool life, especially in that first movie.

Default SS Radio #55: Starting Privacy with Ben Gillenwater

That was superb! Ben is a highly intelligent guy who can simplify complex matters and explain them in engaging fashion. Rip, great work, how did you find him? More like this, please!
    Ben, maybe you could write an app that ties subscriber names to overdrawn bank accounts and an address at a San Francisco homeless shelter. Suddenly we'd be of no interest at all to advertisers, solicitors, etc. and the spying would stop. "Alexa, find me some tofu"..."Sorry Dave, you're broke"..."Alexa PLEASE pay attention to me"....."Really sorry Dave"....."ALEXAAAAAAA!!!!..."Goodbye, Dave".

Excellent idea to throw advertisers off our collective trail!

Thank you for this, I found it very well-presented.

I can attest to Android phones not working flawlessly if you stuff around with the operating system (say, install LineageOS and remove Google entirely), but I'm not the sort of person who uses the phone for anything other than basic operations - so it's fine with me.

I find this site useful for privacy-focussed software and provider suggestions. PrivacyTools - Encryption Against Global Mass Surveillance

Start Page and Qwant are reasonable alternatives to DuckDuckGo and Google.

I find the big headache of using encrypted comms is convincing others to use it as well. I have few friends, so it's not a big deal. I nagged my spouse and offspring in to using Signal for messaging. They humoured me, eventually.

Thanks again.