Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does the type of eggs matter?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by rudd View Post
    Twinkies?
    Yes, dipped in chocolate, with whiskey chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    I definitely believe that the egg has a place in a balanced healthy diet, but in MODERATION, its kinda like milk...its designed for the EARLY stages of life...and as such is actually too much CONCENTRATED fat and cholesterol which is necessary for the rapid growth and development of the newling...
    Interesting. I though eggs were designed to create baby chickens.

We already have too damn many baby chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Theseahawk View Post
    If the chicken gets to roam around it will eat grubs, worms and beetles and the yoke will be a nice deep orange colour. If it doesn’t get to roam around, it just gets its normal feed which is vegetarian and the yoke is dull.
    I try to discourage vegetarianism whenever I can. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    It's not quite that simple. Perhaps your cousin was already farming using “Organic Methods” In which case, yes nothing to change. However, if a conventional farmer wishes to become Organic certified, there are a number of things he has to change. The intent of the certification is to protect buyers from fraudulent sellers. Sadly, just like almost everything the government gets involved it, the process has become convoluted and time consuming. Now I was never larger then 50 chickens, so I didn't have to get certified to claim and advertise “Organic Eggs”
    That makes sense. Both my cousin and my uncle before him have always done what made sense for them, and was cost-effective. I don't remember how many heifers they're milking, but I was still surprised that they didn't have to make any changes to their techniques to get a better spread on their milk. A rubber stamp was all it took to raise the value of their milk.

They also got into the raw milk business for a while, which yielded even better margins. That brought some much more colorful clients to them. It does taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We already have too damn many baby chickens.
    The more baby chickens we have, the more eggs they'll lay. The more eggs they lay, the more can be sold. The more eggs that can be sold, the cheaper they'll be!

Think of my budget; I've got five kids to feed!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchless View Post
    I don't remember how many heifers they're milking,
    ZERO,

they ain't been breed yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    Jesus Christ, you're a walking fuckin egg!

I definitely believe that the egg has a place in a balanced healthy diet, but in MODERATION, its kinda like milk...its designed for the EARLY stages of life...and as such is actually too much CONCENTRATED fat and cholesterol which is necessary for the rapid growth and development of the newling...

I mean don't get me wrong...our ancestors would never pass up an opportunity to get protein, fat ,calories and nutrients but since wild fowl have mostly seasonal breeding seasons the availability of eggs in the wild was limited to certain times of the year...

Thats the problem with modern society ..many of us are OVER-Nourished.....

Now of course everything is relative...If you are chopping trees down, carrying them away and splitting wood all day....ok, you probably would have to take in all that nutrition....

But if your sitting on your ass most of the day in front of a computer screen....I hope you have life insurance
    I am 53 years old. My cholesterol is 180 this year at my mandatory annual physical for work. I am 6’2” 220 lbs. 5 years ago I did the heart scan thing and had no calcified plaque. My colonoscopy showed no issues.
    Breakfast during the week is usually 2-3 eggs 2 pieces of multigrain toast with butter and a protein shake (25 grams whey isolate). When quarantine lifts there will be a lot of day where I just do a 50 gram shake but I will load some Nutella and fruit into it so Im not starving. When I get to work I usually do second breakfast with a coworker or two. That will be sausage and eggs.
    Lunch is usually a sandwich or wrap aiming for 40+ grams of protein, usually chicken. But sometimes I will have fish. I lift at work twice a week doing. Usually just press and bro work for arms. I snack on almonds and when I get home I will squat 2-3 times a week. Then eat a big meat based dinner with red wine. Bedtime snack are anything I want but my favorite is PBJ followed by bourbon. are farm work.
    On the weekend my wife wakes me with coffee and 5-6 eggs and toast. We load the truck and go to the farm. We have an orchard and we are building our own house.
    I’m not sure if I am allowed to post this here , but this is what our life is like

YouTube

You can find lots of videos on that channel of our house build. I have been eating like this for a long time. When I feel like I am “out of tolerance” I adjust the food and exercise level and drop some weight. This shit ain’t rocket science. And all that “eggs raise your cholesterol” was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    I am 53 years old. My cholesterol is 180 this year at my mandatory annual physical for work. I am 6’2” 220 lbs. 5 years ago I did the heart scan thing and had no calcified plaque. My colonoscopy showed no issues.
    Breakfast during the week is usually 2-3 eggs 2 pieces of multigrain toast with butter and a protein shake (25 grams whey isolate). When quarantine lifts there will be a lot of day where I just do a 50 gram shake but I will load some Nutella and fruit into it so Im not starving. When I get to work I usually do second breakfast with a coworker or two. That will be sausage and eggs.
    Lunch is usually a sandwich or wrap aiming for 40+ grams of protein, usually chicken. But sometimes I will have fish. I lift at work twice a week doing. Usually just press and bro work for arms. I snack on almonds and when I get home I will squat 2-3 times a week. Then eat a big meat based dinner with red wine. Bedtime snack are anything I want but my favorite is PBJ followed by bourbon. are farm work.
    On the weekend my wife wakes me with coffee and 5-6 eggs and toast. We load the truck and go to the farm. We have an orchard and we are building our own house.
    I’m not sure if I am allowed to post this here , but this is what our life is like

YouTube

You can find lots of videos on that channel of our house build. I have been eating like this for a long time. When I feel like I am “out of tolerance” I adjust the food and exercise level and drop some weight. This shit ain’t rocket science. And all that “eggs raise your cholesterol” was BS.
    I am jealous....you eat good...you look good...your wife brings you breakfast...your daughter is squatting 200 lbs ....you're having fun... you're health is good..

.I am gonna stfu now..just keep doing what you're doing..I am gonna go have some eggs

Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    ZERO,

they ain't been breed yet
    Busted.

As soon as I pressed "Submit" I thought, "No, that was wrong. Oh well."

Of course, you can always take it to the next level and start raising geese. Each one is equivalent to three hens eggs, but sadly they don't lay all year round.

Also, the gander is douche bag in avian form who will accidentally-on-purpose bite your hand when you are feeding him, just to be a dick.

goose eggs.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    LOL

"Mainstream" Apt name.

10 egg scrambles are the daily norm in my house. Or was before the price shot up due to "these trying times". When you eat 10 at a clip and over 20 per day, the Walmart price is just right.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast