starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Does the type of eggs matter?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    Of course, you can always take it to the next level and start raising geese. Each one is equivalent to three hens eggs, but sadly they don't lay all year round.

Also, the gander is douche bag in avian form who will accidentally-on-purpose bite your hand when you are feeding him, just to be a dick.

Attachment 7317
    Split the difference with laying ducks.....eggs are about 2:1 vs chicken eggs, and delicious. And ducks are not generally dicks, though they ARE messy as hell. We did chickens for several years, and have switched to laying ducks, and prefer them in all ways. Our preferred breed is either the Khaki Campbell, or a Khaki hybrid called the Golden 300. Both are prodigious egg-layers, expect 350-400 eggs per duck per year. And ducks are far less prone to becoming broody, which is important for us up here in the more northerly climates with long, dark winters. And bonus: don't need (or have to put up with) asshole roosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    I am jealous....you eat good...you look good...your wife brings you breakfast...your daughter is squatting 200 lbs ....you're having fun... you're health is good..

.I am gonna stfu now..just keep doing what you're doing..I am gonna go have some eggs
    I am not trying to silence you or anyone. I am just using my personal situation as an “eggzample”.
    When I was a teenager, we had a guy who was a big deal in our rural town’s rescue squad(this guy was responsible for making it into a semi professional unit). Speak at our school. Early 80’s. Toward the end, he started talking about diet and breakfast. I said I ate two eggs each morning before school. He made a big deal about it and said I would die of heart disease. I have eaten, at the barest minimum, 10,000 eggs since then And more likely, 20,000+. I am not being facetious. I eat a shit ton of eggs. I used to eat them raw when I was young. They tasted like shit and felt like swallowing a big bugger. But I ate hundreds like that. Sometimes just eggs and sometimes blended with terrible concoctions like”tigers milk” or brewers yeast and spirulina. Holy dogshit, that was bad. Now I have to say, if all those eggs didn't kill me, perhaps the “eggs are bad” thing is not valid. I don't have any sort of special genetics.
    My tall skinny daughter ate 3 this morning. And eats like that most mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by CFinAK View Post
    Split the difference with laying ducks.....eggs are about 2:1 vs chicken eggs, and delicious. And ducks are not generally dicks, though they ARE messy as hell. We did chickens for several years, and have switched to laying ducks, and prefer them in all ways. Our preferred breed is either the Khaki Campbell, or a Khaki hybrid called the Golden 300. Both are prodigious egg-layers, expect 350-400 eggs per duck per year. And ducks are far less prone to becoming broody, which is important for us up here in the more northerly climates with long, dark winters. And bonus: don't need (or have to put up with) asshole roosters.
    It's funny but as duck eggs tend to be "richer" than hens eggs, I almost find home grown duck eggs too rich (our neighbour had ducks for a while). The mess they make does put me off a bit as well.

And tbh, with geese there is no need to have a gander. We're probably not going to breed with them so could just as easily get buy with just girls. We already gave one gander away to a neighbour (where he managed to impregnate not only their geese but a bunch of wild ones as well). I think if this one attacks my wife once more he may be rehomed as well.

The other thing about geese is (not sure if this is the case for ducks) but they live about 20 years. Even more of a long term commitment than a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    A taste eggsperiment:

Do 'Better' Eggs Really Taste Better? | The Food Lab | Serious Eats

Kenji, of Food Lab fame, learned his chemistry at MIT.
    That was a fun read. Egg tasting experiment: what Kenji did during the lockdown. Reading article about Kenji designing test, cooking eggs, dyeing them green: what Mike did during the lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    I am not trying to silence you or anyone. I am just using my personal situation as an “eggzample”.
    My tall skinny daughter ate 3 this morning. And eats like that most mornings.
    My thin yet statuesque 19yo daughter also eats 3-4 eggs each morning. its the only thing she knows how to cook! Not squatting 200 pounds yet, though. She struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    Yeah, well, we'll see at the autopsy

A really good understanding of human teeth , jaws and the oral cavity and a basic understanding of the GI tract, especially the gut, will tell you all you need to know about what should be the diet for a human
    Let me guess: A "plant based diet"

The other thing about geese is (not sure if this is the case for ducks) but they live about 20 years. Even more of a long term commitment than a dog.
    Not if they attack the wife.

I was born in 1952 and have eaten between 3 and 12 eggs every day since I was around 18 years of age

So 3 x 365 x 50 years Means over 50,000 eggs in my life and that’s a conservative number

5 years ago I had open heart surgery to replace a bicuspid aortic valve ( that’s a congenital defect that has nothing to do with diet)

Prior to the surgery they asked me about my diet and when I told them how many eggs I eat they were certain my arteries would be clogged and so they looked thru all of them looking for blockages

If there were blockages they planned to do bypass surgery while they had me opened up

My arteries were all perfectly clear no blockages or buildup

I still eat three eggs every morning

The mess they make does put me off a bit as well.

I think if this one attacks my wife once more he may be rehomed as well.
    That's why I've never had geese.
    Think of it as situational awareness training. That and honing the stick fighting skills

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    I was born in 1952 and have eaten between 3 and 12 eggs every day since I was around 18 years of age

So 3 x 365 x 50 years Means over 50,000 eggs in my life and that’s a conservative number

5 years ago I had open heart surgery to replace a bicuspid aortic valve ( that’s a congenital defect that has nothing to do with diet)

Prior to the surgery they asked me about my diet and when I told them how many eggs I eat they were certain my arteries would be clogged and so they looked thru all of them looking for blockages

If there were blockages they planned to do bypass surgery while they had me opened up

My arteries were all perfectly clear no blockages or buildup

I still eat three eggs every morning
    That is a hell of a procedure. What type of valve did they replace it with?

The cholesterol content is less than half (~600 mg) of what your body can produce on its own (~1500 mg). Hardly enough to alter whole body cholesterol balance in most of us.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast