starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Does the type of eggs matter?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    That's why I've never had geese.
    Think of it as situational awareness training. That and honing the stick fighting skills
    There was a reason the Roman legions had geese with them on the march. They also made/make excellent perimeter security audio alarms.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    That is a hell of a procedure. What type of valve did they replace it with.
    A porcine experimental valve ( they told me it was experimental after the surgery) and part of my aortic arch is Dacron tubing. My brother told me if it’s a pig valve there is no chance of rejection lol

Surgery didn’t hurt at all strangely enough, I was expecting to be miserable. It leave me breathless if I did anything for about a year and no one can explain why.

The bottom of my scar turned into a incisional hernia so when I do squats I use two belts one on my lower chest to hold in stuff and another one down one my waist. Looks strange but it works.

When life knocks you down you have to adapt.

Well shit, that's one hell of a way to learn that you're in an experiment. Glad it worked out even if you have to wear two belts.

Thanks
    Yeah I feel blessed I have an extended life, the bicuspid valve combined with hard training created a aneurysm right after the valve in my aorta, its a common problem with bicuspid valves if you lift.

I was real lucky it was caught in a routine physical or I would of died in the weight room.

I had to give up lifting and watch it grow from age 48 to 63 and watch all my training go away, until it got big enough to be a threat. They also didn’t want to mess with it more than twice so they wanted me old when they fixed it lol

Shit bobman, 15 years of detraining???

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Shit bobman, 15 years of detraining???
    Well if the aneurysm pops you die in 45 seconds so I wasn’t comfortable pushing the limits

After the surgery I was excited to be able to train and really shocked about how weak I was

I’ll never be like I was but Im fairly strong for a guy my age I guess

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456