starting strength gym
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Gillenwater: We Will Not Comply

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    And, yeah. I actually expect we ALL will still be isolated for many months....My bet is we dont have access to treatments or vaccines til early next year.
    I have not isolated at all to this point and I will not do so in the future. The reality is there is a high probability an effective and safe vaccine will not be available for at least 2-3 years.

I know you are scared and believe you are correct. I respect your right to come to this conclusion. I cannot think for you.

However, many of us are not scared and believe you are making extremely immoral and highly unethical demands. You do not appear to respect our rights to come to the conclusions we have. Even so, you cannot think for me.

thanks....there IS something called epistemic closure. Remember, early on, Rip had people front squatting. Then he thought more and learned more and changed his mind and removed front squats from the program.
    I happen to be in the majority in this thread. Nonetheless, I will say that I find this crowd largely self-correcting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This cannot be a serious question.
    He is faux channeling Heath Ledger's take on the Joker. Which explains it all.

My wife told me not to respond. I resisted for a while. I just wanted to at least let a different point of view be heard.

and yeah, i'm bored being locked up. And yeah, I self-selected for NYC as did my job, my entire family, my wife, her job and her entire family.
    Between ignoring your wife and stirring up shit, you seem to enjoy conflict.

You went to NYC. You stayed in NYC. You elected to set in further and deeper attachments to NYC. I might be persuaded to sympathize with your plight if you could tell me you didn't vote for the likes of De Blasio and Cuomo. But if you did, you are getting the fascism you so deserved for enabling it's imposition. All for the greater good and assuaging the conscience of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I have not isolated at all to this point and I will not do so in the future. The reality is there is a high probability an effective and safe vaccine will not be available for at least 2-3 years.

I know you are scared and believe you are correct. I respect your right to come to this conclusion. I cannot think for you.

However, many of us are not scared and believe you are making extremely immoral and highly unethical demands. You do not appear to respect our rights to come to the conclusions we have. Even so, you cannot think for me.
    My concern is not for myself, nor is it for you to be honest. If you want to engage in risky behavior, so be it. My concern is for my kids, my wife, my relatives, and people I haven't met, likes cops, nurses, doctors, EMTs, nursing home workers, and others who will come down with the virus due to uncontrolled spread.

Also, you are probably right about 2-3 years for the vaccine......

My main point is this: You are playing with OTHERS lives, innocent people who are relatively healthy. I'm pretty damn sure I had COVID back in Feb, and am likely immune. Look, I'm pretty fucking libertarian, until it starts to REALLY hurt ALOT of other people. If you wanna jump off a bridge, I ain't gonna stop you. But you tie your self to 5-10 other people, I may have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I happen to be in the majority in this thread. Nonetheless, I will say that I find this crowd largely self-correcting.
    why else would I bother? I love this crowd/culture/milieu. I dont agree with all of it, but I've certainly drank (most of) the kool-aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Between ignoring your wife and stirring up shit, you seem to enjoy conflict.

You went to NYC. You stayed in NYC. You elected to set in further and deeper attachments to NYC. I might be persuaded to sympathize with your plight if you could tell me you didn't vote for the likes of De Blasio and Cuomo. But if you did, you are getting the fascism you so deserved for enabling it's imposition. All for the greater good and assuaging the conscience of course.
    yeah, i ignore her sometimes.....No. i didn't vote for cuomo or deblasio. Cannot stand either of them. Not sure why where I live has anything to do with the points I make. Also, not sure if I ever asked for sympathy.

yeah, i ignore her sometimes.....
    Which seems at odds with your professed expressed concern for her.

[QUOTE=muntz;1773546] Not sure why where I live has anything to do with the points I make.

Because your attitude is redolent of adopted urban contempt all too typical of people from Shitcago and NYC. So you adapted to the herd and mimic their behavior. Hence, where you decided to choose to live tells the rest of us a good deal about you.

Also, not sure if I ever asked for sympathy.
    Not to worry. I doubt anyone here has a scintilla of it for you. I merely offered up the possibility of it. So, hunker down and enjoy your gulag.

Since you've reopened, have people started showing up in numbers like before? If not, by how much did the number of people showing up decrease. Roughly estimating?

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron8 View Post
    Since you've reopened, have people started showing up in numbers like before? If not, by how much did the number of people showing up decrease. Roughly estimating?
    Demand is higher than ever. For example, Denver signed up ten new members in one week after reopening - five in one day (a record for them).

Not sure why where I live has anything to do with the points I make.

Because your attitude is redolent of adopted urban contempt all too typical of people from Shitcago and NYC. So you adapted to the herd and mimic their behavior. Hence, where you decided to choose to live tells the rest of us a good deal about you.
    Its funny, you call NYC a gulag and change Chicago to Shitcago, while I dont think I've said anything contemptuous of anyone here. I admit, many New Yorkers DO look down on any place West of the Hudson. Still 've spent a large percentage of my life living in different parts of the country and have friends and (former) relatives who grew up and live in rural Georgia and South Carolina. One thing I've discovered is that there are good reasons to live most places, whether its North Texas, Southern Illinois, Gooseneck, GA or the People's Republic of the Upper West Side of Manhattan. I apologize if you think I'm behaving with contempt. I believe people can disagree without being disagreeable.

And yeah, I occasionally ignore my wife, but I did obey about where to live!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Demand is higher than ever. For example, Denver signed up ten new members in one week after reopening - five in one day (a record for them).
    Great news about Denver Ray! Hope this demand continues for all the other SSG's too.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast