starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Gillenwater: We Will Not Comply

Default Ray Gillenwater: We Will Not Comply

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Great article by Ray with good data as well. Businesses are being force-fed death with no help available.

I heard a great line today by Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports - “when did ‘flatten the curve’ all of a sudden become ‘find a cure’?”. Video here: https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/...241418240?s=21

We’re truly in trouble as early signs of leadership with concern have now become demands of control without concern.

Are you guys going to ignore this glove requirement as well?

I think it's stupid, but if I want to get back in the gym, I'm going to have to wear some type of glove at the place I go....I need to find something that will satisfy the requirement.

Get some!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Are you guys going to ignore this glove requirement as well?
    Wasn’t aware of it, but yes.

Would you mind posting a link?

Good article. Make sure you have competent legal advice prior to the defiance so you know what not to say if/when the overlords commence the crack down.

Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Wasn’t aware of it, but yes.

Would you mind posting a link?
    Again - not saying I agree at all, but I know my gym is going to be enforcing and I need to figure out how I will lift with gloves if I intend to return to the gym (and I REALLY want to)

From Governor's Strike Force to Open Texas | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott

Open Texas Checklists - Effective May 18, 2020
    Gyms / Exercise Facilities
    Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Again - not saying I agree at all, but I know my gym is going to be enforcing and I need to figure out how I will lift with gloves if I intend to return to the gym (and I REALLY want to)

From Governor's Strike Force to Open Texas | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott

Open Texas Checklists - Effective May 18, 2020
    Gyms / Exercise Facilities
    Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons
    "Please note, public health guidance cannot anticipate every unique situation. Individuals should stay informed and take actions based on common sense and wise judgment that will protect health and support economic revitalization."

We agree. In our situation: gloves should not be worn when lifting in general, but latex/nitrile gloves will prevent a good grip and will create a safety hazard.

...If only they'd apply the above quoted principle to their COVID-19 response.

Dr. Michael Osterholm of the University of Minnesota's Center for Infections Disease Research and Policy has repeatedly said that until there is a widely available vaccine the virus will continue to transmit until 60%-70% of the population has been infected, and then it will merely slow down. No scientist anywhere disagrees with that assessment. Rather than defeating or controlling the virus, we will have to learn to live with it. Other statistics are subject to far too many variables to be used to guide behavior. Infection rates? You need a reliable testing program to know that statistic. Death rates? They're dependent on available medical care, countless personal characteristics, and how you record someone who has the virus but dies of a pneumonia they would otherwise not have had. We do know that COVID-19 is now the No.1 cause of death in the U.S., something it only took the virus four months to achieve.

The problem with the government is not that they have closed businesses, but that they have offered no plan for safely reopening them. Starting from the top in Washington, which is the only place national standards can be set, leaders have offered no plan for businesses to reopen safely. I like and support Starting Strength, but protest and defy all you want, but you will not defeat, outsmart, or avoid the virus. Of course, people who wish to subject themselves to the risk are perhaps free to do so, but of course they are not the only ones who might be infected. I might suggest your legitimate concerns be directed towards electing responsible leaders who follow the scientific evidence, and lead the country together through a crisis, rather than pit factions against one another.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by darrowdisciple View Post
    We do know that COVID-19 is now the No.1 cause of death in the U.S., something it only took the virus four months to achieve.
    This is complete bullshit. Who told you this? Look at the NYC data, The Epicenter of The Pandemic in the US: COVID-19: Data Summary - NYC Health

Even there the thing peaked in April. Heart disease and cancer and car wrecks have not stopped killing people. There are 3 deaths from COVID-19 in my county since the start of this hoax. My county is more representative of the country than NYC. If you want to obey your betters, please do so. But do not presume to insult my intelligence under the assumption that I care about your opinion.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast