starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's ready for some contact tracing?!

Default Who's ready for some contact tracing?!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here's the $295,000,000 (two hundred ninety five million dollars) contract for contact tracing between the Texas Dept of Health and MTX: View the $295M Texas Contact Tracing Agreement | Texas Scorecard

The fun starts on page 86 of the contract.

What about page 86 on is "fun" to you?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Here's the $295,000,000 (two hundred ninety five million dollars) contract for contact tracing between the Texas Dept of Health and MTX: View the $295M Texas Contact Tracing Agreement | Texas Scorecard

More explanation of the deal:

Contact Tracing Coming to Texas? | Texas Scorecard

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post

I’m having a hard time reading it on my phone, but I’m curious... What if I don’t like someone and get COVID-19... And because I’m a jerk, I tell the contact tracers I was around that person?

Does the accused have any way to dispute that without violating MY protection under HIPAA? The contact tracers can’t give that person my info, so how can that person deny they were around me?

I believe this is a problem with the Canadian Red Flag laws...

I am and then again I am not.

OTOH, no one I know has had the Kung Flu. So it's highly unlikely I'd be contacted.

But in any event, I won't cooperate with feeding the beast. Won't talk to them, won't respond to them, will ask them to leave my property if they show up in person.

Looks like a lot of redaction after page 86. Which part is interesting to you Rip?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I am and then again I am not.

OTOH, no one I know has had the Kung Flu. So it's highly unlikely I'd be contacted.

But in any event, I won't cooperate with feeding the beast. Won't talk to them, won't respond to them, will ask them to leave my property if they show up in person.
    Same here. This is looking more and more like a fully unconstitutional power grab.

These imbeciles are doing this all by phone. The phone I don't answer when I don't recognize the number. Same phone.

I'm not from Texas, but if this comes to my state my phone will remain safely at home, just like in the old days.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    What about page 86 on is "fun" to you?
    The detailed breakdown of how the state of Texas is going to burn $300 million while at the same time annoying everyone as a best case scenario, or trashing privacy in the likely scenario. They are hiring thousands of low level call center workers through this contractor to handle what amounts to medical data, developing highly intrusive contact tracing apps, and establishing databases of contact networks with what looks like very little oversight. Expensive, unnecessary, and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

Same for me, but for every one of us who won't talk to a contact tracer, there are a thousand of us who will easily give up all kinds of info over the phone or in a live interview.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast