starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loose hips and ligaments in pregnancy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Read more carefully, Fat. I think you're drinking kinda early today.
    You're right. But still...

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    At what stage of pregnancy is the belt contraindicated and how long can she lift heavy?
    The general recommendation is such: it is generally safe to continue with physical activity that you are accustomed to while pregnant. Course of the pregnancy, potential complications that can arise, may change that recommendation, but that is a decision to be left to a woman and her OB-GYN.

If you are going to train while pregnant, don’t post your workouts on social media unless you want a bunch of miscreants and bottom-feeders to tell you that you will harm the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie95 View Post
    My current last week numbers were squat 146kg 3x5, deadlift 162kg x 5. I am 24, 163cm, 74kg, not using any belt.
    Congratulations Lucie on the pregnancy as well as on your lifts.

Those are some solid numbers

146kg = 321 lb (squat) (just about double bodyweight)
    162kg = 356 lb (deadlift) (over double bodyweight)

starting strength coach development program
    Will, I am sure you weren't referring to any post I made, but I'd like to state, for the record...my question was on the use of a tight-fitting belt while pregnant. I had no idea that was okay. And would have assumed it was a bit uncomfortable.

And....Lucie, I'm never squatting or lifting anywhere near you. Seeing a pregnant woman dominate me under a bar; I'm unsure if my ego could handle that. the weights you're lifting are really impressive, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    The general recommendation is such: it is generally safe to continue with physical activity that you are accustomed to while pregnant. Course of the pregnancy, potential complications that can arise, may change that recommendation, but that is a decision to be left to a woman and her OB-GYN.

If you are going to train while pregnant, don’t post your workouts on social media unless you want a bunch of miscreants and bottom-feeders to tell you that you will harm the baby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12