starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rip: Stress

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Grow the fuck up, zft. I'm the biggest godless heathen on the board, and it doesn't bother me a bit.
    Of course it doesn't bother you, you've built up a tolerance for stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    I'd be a lot more grateful if we could make the board secular so I wouldn't have to read this drivel. Seriously, we're allowing biblical quotes with the intent of religious preaching? I'm all for a juicy biblical reference, but this is too fucking far for me, man.
    Another snowflake outs themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    I'd be a lot more grateful if we could make the board secular so I wouldn't have to read this drivel. Seriously, we're allowing biblical quotes with the intent of religious preaching? I'm all for a juicy biblical reference, but this is too fucking far for me, man.
    Sorry about that Z, I thought the quotes from 1 Corinthians 9:26,27 and Philippians 4:3 were appropriate in light of the fact that Mark is one of a few folk that I would consider is a person who practises what he preaches. So should we not thank him for his efforts over the years to keep us on the straight and narrow with regard to strength training? And has he not given us strength?

Quote Originally Posted by m s View Post
    Of course it doesn't bother you, you've built up a tolerance for stupid shit.
    I would venture to guess that you read countless other posts on this board, think "well that was pretty dumb" and choose to not post a reply about it.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I’m suffering from the loss of all the gyms in Britain. It’s like the loss of a partner. Im deprived of intimacy with a loaded barbell and sweaty exercises with a couple of 22lbs dumbbells isn’t helping. I can’t drink due to alcohol allergy, so there’s no numbing the loss.

Help, what do I do ? This shows no sign of ending.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I would venture to guess that you read countless other posts on this board, think "well that was pretty dumb" and choose to not post a reply about it.
    USENET had killfiles. You could pattern-match on any component of a message, and eliminate it from your feed. Important to protect sensitive minds from obscene ideas.

Grow the fuck up, zft. I'm the biggest godless heathen on the board, and it doesn't bother me a bit.
    Paul the guy that wrote most of the New Testament said this about himself.

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 1st Tim 1v15,16

We all have to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    I’m suffering from the loss of all the gyms in Britain. It’s like the loss of a partner. Im deprived of intimacy with a loaded barbell and sweaty exercises with a couple of 22lbs dumbbells isn’t helping. I can’t drink due to alcohol allergy, so there’s no numbing the loss.

Help, what do I do ? This shows no sign of ending.
    You think you have troubles, what about me, last year I got my dead lift to 162 Kgs (165 with a rack lift), this week I could only get 133 Kgs, it is not the house arrest, it is either the cold or I have reached the use-by date. The cold just makes stuff heavier, that is my theory. As for you, you can eat more while you are waiting, you don't have a food allergy do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post

Help, what do I do ? This shows no sign of ending
    To make sure we didn't atrophy away during quarantine, my lifting buddy and I did two things: 1) we borrowed a bar and 260kg(no rack). 2) we made a sacrifice. We used 1) to make some holes in the backyard by hammering it with deadlifts. For 2) we recruited a guy from our former gym. Short litte muscular guy, who likes to base his training for the day off what he saw on Instagram the night before. Then we placed his head into one of the two holes from prior deadlifting, and continued to pull some reps with 260kg (mind you, this is on a slight hill and from a deficit) on top of his head. A few reps later and our sacrifice was complete. I was sure the Gods would reward our sacrifice. The next day, gyms opened.

Coach,

This sounds weird but it has helped me.

YouTube

Also, one of the main reasons I lift is because nothing gets the stress out like lifting.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You think you have troubles, what about me, last year I got my dead lift to 162 Kgs (165 with a rack lift), this week I could only get 133 Kgs, it is not the house arrest, it is either the cold or I have reached the use-by date. The cold just makes stuff heavier, that is my theory. As for you, you can eat more while you are waiting, you don't have a food allergy do you?
    I was only 7.5K off a clean 180Kg DL. Aye cold stuff is heavier, something about excitation of the atoms, Rip will know-I don’t think it would be significant so bad luck there. I haven’t dropped any body weight, kept to the protein numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by m s View Post
    To make sure we didn't atrophy away during quarantine, my lifting buddy and I did two things: 1) we borrowed a bar and 260kg(no rack). 2) we made a sacrifice. We used 1) to make some holes in the backyard by hammering it with deadlifts. For 2) we recruited a guy from our former gym. Short litte muscular guy, who likes to base his training for the day off what he saw on Instagram the night before. Then we placed his head into one of the two holes from prior deadlifting, and continued to pull some reps with 260kg (mind you, this is on a slight hill and from a deficit) on top of his head. A few reps later and our sacrifice was complete. I was sure the Gods would reward our sacrifice. The next day, gyms opened.
    There’s a guy from my gym works at the supermarket down the road......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast