starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rip: Stress

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Theseahawk View Post
    I used to think the winters were cold here in the northeast of England. Then I experienced one in the northeast of Scotland. Which I thought was cold, until I experienced New York City in October. I thought that was cold until I went to Washington DC late November. My god, it was bitterly cold.

Work wants me to go to Buffalo for a course at some point and after looking on the map I’m praying its in the summer. It’s almost in Canada and I remember an unpleasant icy blast Canada sent the UK over the Atlantic a few winters ago so I can imagine their winters must be hideous.
    I have worked in the snow on the odd occasion in the high country and that was not a fun way to spend the day.

It gets so cold here I go to the blast freezers to warm up the coco. What we need is more C02 and get some global warming going. More coal I say.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I have worked in the snow on the odd occasion in the high country and that was not a fun way to spend the day.

It gets so cold here I go to the blast freezers to warm up the coco. What we need is more C02 and get some global warming going. More coal I say.
    My Great Aunt Peggy, on her death bed, gave me this piece of advice: make sure I settle down with a lass who can carry a bag of coal.

When I asked her why, she said,”so ye divvn’t have tae carry it ahl y’sell”

She was a wise woman, who knew women should be strong and useful (mine is). Maybe she foresaw coal's big comeback.

My Great Aunt Peggy, on her death bed, gave me this piece of advice: make sure I settle down with a lass who can carry a bag of coal.

When I asked her why, she said,”so ye divvn’t have tae carry it ahl y’sell”

She was a wise woman, who knew women should be strong and useful (mine is). Maybe she foresaw coal's big comeback.
    Australia has huge black coal deposits, but it is politically incorrect to suggest we use more coal here for energy generation, we should have the cheapest energy in the world but we have gone down the renewable's track only to find that Elon Musk's big battery in South Australia(which they bought at a huge cost) can only supply enough energy to back up that state at a peak energy demand for a few minutes. SA suffered a huge statewide blackout mid summer because they have reduced reliance on coal fired generators. And now having installed so much solar and wind down there they now have the risk of blacking out the state due to inconsistencies with solar and wind with grid supplied energy. SA's rush to rely on renewable energy has had them now connected to the state of Victoria and soon to New South Wales to back them up and prevent another huge blackout over the summer. We all now have to share the pain of renewable energy's unreliability as Australia's energy security goes down the drain. Talk about stress. No wonder we do not make much here any more.

starting strength coach development program
    The bitter cold I felt in Washington could be overcome with one of those Russian hats I found at Walmart and extra clothes. But only to a point and those examples given above sound like you’d have to made of tough stuff.
    Fur is the key to fighting the cold. I haven't found a synthetic material thay compates. I've got a rabbit fur mad bomber hat, deer skin gloves, alpaca fleece vest, and goose down puffy jacket for when I go visit the parents in Minnesnowta. Our Friend the Animal is useful for more than just protein.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234