starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I stay safe from idiots at the gym?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselesscamper View Post
    I'm new here, but I suspect there's more behind this than you literally mean.
    No. It means just that. Move to a liberal state where coming within 6 feet of another person will most likely soon be considered attempted murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Theseahawk View Post
    Barbells, squat racks and plates have been very hard to come by, but I've found getting steel very easy.

Made a duplicate of my power cage at home from steel delivered from an online metal supplier, so that I could train at my work accommodation during the week and still have my gym at home for the weekend. I left a 20 kg bar and 155 kg of plates at home and took a 20 kg bar and 175 kg of plates to work. I'm back up to 180kg needed for squats and deads after an injury so I've been scouring the web for more plates. There's a new gym (I've forgotten the name) in build in County Durham (Spennymoor) and the owner is selling off plates at a fair price (£2 per kg - I say fair taking in to account the current supply and demand situation) as he is replacing them with ones with his brand on.

My point is, where there is a will, there is a way. I even looked at having some rough plates cast at the furnaces that are open in Yorkshire, but it didn't come to that. I'm lucky I already have bars and plates, but I bet if i really needed to, I could get some round steel bar and some plate steel and start putting something usable together. Training is too important to me to sit and wait.
    Unfortunately I’m just going to have to sit and wait until we are ‘allowed’ to train again. I shall fix it so this can’t be taken away from me next time once things become available.

There was a gym in Spenny which I visited as a small business start up. The owner was a winner of something or other, maybe body building ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    No. It means just that. Move to a liberal state where coming within 6 feet of another person will most likely soon be considered attempted murder.
    Unless you are peacefully protesting. Then it’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    How silly of me. Yes, of course. As long as you're throwing patio furniture through the window of a Target with 47 of your best friends, then it's all good. Squat racks are COVID's playground, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Unfortunately I’m just going to have to sit and wait until we are ‘allowed’ to train again. I shall fix it so this can’t be taken away from me next time once things become available.

There was a gym in Spenny which I visited as a small business start up. The owner was a winner of something or other, maybe body building ?
    The gym was called "The Fitness Lab"; I didn't get to meet the owner- it was the builder that was there who gave me the weights. I looked the gym up and the business was incorporated in 2018, with Zak Rose as the director. I couldn't find anything else about him, so maybe a different gym and owner.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    Peaceful is not a requirement, only that you agree with the MSM.

Just train, and train hard and get strong. Most people in gyms don't actually train. That in itself may frighten most selfie taking pump addicts away.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Theseahawk View Post
    The gym was called "The Fitness Lab"; I didn't get to meet the owner- it was the builder that was there who gave me the weights. I looked the gym up and the business was incorporated in 2018, with Zak Rose as the director. I couldn't find anything else about him, so maybe a different gym and owner.
    Yes, the Gym I was thinking of is called Bodies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123