starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Julia Avila destroys another opponent.

Default Julia Avila destroys another opponent.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

She isn't paid enough, as is true with everyone in the UFC.

I watched that last night. Impressive! She needs to go to Fight Island next.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    I watched that last night. Impressive! She needs to go to Fight Island next.
    I know very little about fighting but her punches look very fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    She isn't paid enough, as is true with everyone in the UFC.
    I was surprised she did not get a Performance of the Night bonus. Some other fighters in the prelims did. But Dana White said this time they let the fans decide who got bonuses by taking a poll on social media?

The bonus she's looking for is a move up to the main card. Hard to ignore her, unless they're afraid she's going to really hurt somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I know very little about fighting but her punches look very fast!
    Yeah. Fortunately, she doesn't train with barbells and put on too much muscle. She'll lose all that speed and explosive power. Everyone knows that.

I was surprised she did not get a Performance of the Night bonus. Some other fighters in the prelims did. But Dana White said this time they let the fans decide who got bonuses by taking a poll on social media?
    Dana White is a serial liar, but to be fair there were several other fighters worthy of the bonus. They really need to just pay their fighters more, full stop.

She only has two fights in the UFC so she's still relatively unproven. She's probably ranked just outside of the top 15 now. She deserves a ranked opponent in her next fight.

Unless you're just leaps and bounds better than everyone, it's really hard to get overwhelming fan popularity. That's why Chael Sonnen, the Diaz Bros, and Ronda Rousey did so well. They were very good, but Chael and the Diaz Bros had some amazing sound bites and were just kind of dicks as a whole. Ronda had a "thing" which was just armbarring the piss out of everyone in round 1. Let's not forget about Roy Nelson, who's whole "thing" was just being a fat guy who KOed people walking backwards. "Say what you want about Roy Nelson, he's a great big fat guy" -Joe Rogan

Maybe Julia's thing could be "fuck your S&C coaches. They don't know shit. Here's a video of me squatting 315lb followed by a video of me knocking someone out with a knee to the face."
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Unless you're just leaps and bounds better than everyone, it's really hard to get overwhelming fan popularity. That's why Chael Sonnen, the Diaz Bros, and Ronda Rousey."
    I have to say that I think Chael Sonnen is the consummate savvy self-promoter. Can’t stop watching old clips of him trash talking. He is the best at that. I don’t understand the Diaz Bros attraction. A couple of thugs in my opinion. As for Ronda, she gets credit for breaking ground but I was so happy when Holly Holmes knocked her out. It seems to me that the UFC is somewhat unlike other sports federations regarding the need for individual self-promotion and a substantial fan following. You have to not only be a fantastic fighter - I think some of the best athletes across all sports in the world - but be able to generate a big gate on the strength of your name. In contrast, even relatively low profile pro baseball players can make millions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast