starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Should Do Hip Thrusts? - Starting Strength Radio Clips

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
    Ronnie Coleman used to do a ton of t-bar rows using a barbell jammed in the corner and a short range of motion.

I know because I watched him do them all the time at Metroflex in Arlington back in 2004-2005.

I didn't laugh my tits off at Ronnie because he was very strong and had lots of hypertrophy. And, well, because he was a really cool guy.

Great documentary on him about all of his problems he's having nowadays, if anyone is interested...
    Sure, except hip thrusts didn't make Ronnie Coleman look like Ronnie Coleman.

I think the reaction is for people who aren't Ronnie Coleman thinking they'll look like him by doing hip thrusts.

Ronnie Coleman used to do a ton of t-bar rows using a barbell jammed in the corner and a short range of motion.

I know because I watched him do them all the time at Metroflex in Arlington back in 2004-2005.

I didn't laugh my tits off at Ronnie because he was very strong and had lots of hypertrophy. And, well, because he was a really cool guy.

Great documentary on him about all of his problems he's having nowadays, if anyone is interested...
    I like how you’ve emboldened the bit about how I laugh at hip thrusts then emboldened the bit about me saying some exercises have come out of nowhere so that it looks like I said I laugh at t-bar rows. You should work for the tabloids.

I wouldn’t laugh at Ronnie Coleman either as he has me beat in both strength and physique by a long long way. We are the same height though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theseahawk View Post
    I like how you’ve emboldened the bit about how I laugh at hip thrusts then emboldened the bit about me saying some exercises have come out of nowhere so that it looks like I said I laugh at t-bar rows. You should work for the tabloids.

I wouldn’t laugh at Ronnie Coleman either as he has me beat in both strength and physique by a long long way. We are the same height though.
    And.....this is why we can't have nice things.

sb

Quote Originally Posted by Theseahawk View Post
    I like how you think t-bar rows are a new exercise that came out of nowhere and that people haven't been doing them for decades.

You should work for a mainstream media outlet like the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, etc.

starting strength coach development program
    I like how you think t-bar rows are a new exercise that came out of nowhere and that people haven't been doing them for decades.

You should work for a mainstream media outlet like the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, etc.
    I already mentioned that I know they are a classic. Even said I think I’ve seen Schwarzenegger footage of them. Maybe the tabloids would be a stretch for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123