starting strength gym

Thread: SS Radio #62: Q&A

About grip strength. Were you advising DOH or hook on the last warm-up? I hook on it, and grip strength is increasing.

It’s only a single rep, so I’ll try DOH; I suppose that’d work faster on the grip.

Thanks Rip,

Vince

Does this wardrobe choice mean you have joined this dangerous "boogaloo movement" I keep hearing the news try to tell me is the real threat to national security and not Antifa and rioters?

I wonder why it is called Starting Strength Radio, when the programs are videos?

Most people just listen to the audio download.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Most people just listen to the audio download.
    Well, I guess this is a case of "OK Boomer"
    Of course if they don't watch the video, they will miss your repertoire of facial expressions.

starting strength coach development program
    While listening to this podcast, the mention of a scaphoid fracture caught my attention rather quickly. Perhaps I can shed some light into what the unknown surgery very well could have been since I myself have gone through one. I broke my scaphoid back in February of 2017 during basketball practice--I took a charge and landed on my left hand, just another reason why basketball can fuck off--but the injury was not diagnosed until the first of May in the same year. The pain was dull and only present during compressive loading, such as bench presses and presses. My oldest sister, who is also a PA, had a hunch that it was a nonunion scaphoid fracture, and a subsequent x-ray and MRI confirmed her hunch. The surgery consisted of repairing the fracture with a bone graft from the radius and driving a screw through the scaphoid to secure the two fragments of bone back together. The tricky part about an injury of this nature is restoring blood flow to the entire scaphoid in order for the thing to heal. After six months of recovery in various casts and braces, I was finally "cleared" by my surgeon to resume full activity. This thing was a tedious bastard, but it could have been much less so if I had rehabbed it more aggressively and made it go through the stress/recovery/adaptation cycle like everything else. Maybe this will be of interest, but in any case thank you for the podcast Rip.