starting strength gym

Thread: Jim Steel: Now Is The Time

Default Jim Steel: Now Is The Time

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I really enjoy Jim’s writing. Excellent article. 100% truth.

Steel would make a great guest for the Friday Radio.

"I’m trying to build myself up to be able to withstand an unbelievable amount of punishment, and to be able to deliver more than anyone else can withstand."

Epic & Important.

One of the best quotes I've seen on the site--definitely in my top 5 favorites. Thanks to Jim for putting out another great article.

You can hear a lot of Steel on the podcast “Raw with Marty Gallagher,” he’s a regular there.

“Raw with Marty Gallagher,”
    I'll check it out, thanks.

"Because there has never been a more essential time to get strong, whether it’s because by becoming stronger you fortify your immune system, or because by becoming stronger you are better able to protect yourself and your family. "
    I've always thought that the stress put on my body by training also somehow stimulated my immune system. I haven't had a cold, sore throat, or flu in the last 20 years. I would be interested having Mr Steel elaborate on the above quote and perhaps Dr. Sullivan could weigh in as well. Has there been any studies linking strength training with enhanced immunity? What have the rest of you found personally?

starting strength coach development program
    Jim is top tier when it comes to humans. Back when I incurred my injuries, along with training under Rip, Jim graciously offered his training and expertise as well. In a very short time I went from a broken fat guy that had never touched a barbell to a frighteningly strong as fuck fat guy training under two of the nations premiere and elite coaches. That is the American Spirit. Not this shit we’ve been seeing in the streets. Both are hero’s to me. Thank you gentlemen.