Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Made In USA Cast Iron Plates -- Pre Order Now, Shipping Late August

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Thumbs up

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Gyms missed the window on the first order (sold out), but we are getting in on the next one - Chicago and Boston will be the first two gyms to have plates from The Strength Co.

Hope we can soon see a video on how these plates were designed, made, and quality tested (for weight, dimensions impact toughness etc.) soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Starting Strength Gyms missed the window on the first order (sold out), but we are getting in on the next one - Chicago and Boston will be the first two gyms to have plates from The Strength Co.
    Well not quite sold out, but for two gyms worth -- yes. Although product flow will be continuous month to month, as soon as the first batch hits the warehouse were doing everything we can to have no gaps in shipping. Excited to be inside the Franchise gyms!

I'm flying back to South California now with my samples in hand. Will provide an in depth overview of the plate, and everything you described. We're working with the largest foundry in the US. So unfortunately, while I walked the floor during our pour photos and videos are not allowed. A lot of their practices are proprietary which makes them so efficient. But there are lots of interesting details on the plate for sure. Look for a video next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Chicago and Boston will be the first two gyms to have plates from The Strength Co.
    Great work Ray - keeping it all the Starting Strength family!

Quote Originally Posted by PuliMorgan View Post
    Hope we can soon see a video on how these plates were designed, made, and quality tested (for weight, dimensions impact toughness etc.) soon.
    If you've watched any of The Strength Co. 'Training Continues' video series on YouTube, you'll already know that literally everything Grant does is of the highest quality. He knows no other way. I would order anything with TSC branding on it sight unseen.

IMG_0146.jpg

25 post machining came out to 24.58 -- inside our spec of 2% but we're widening the OD to 11.77 (by machining less) to hit 25lbs on the nose. 45s are being clear coated tomorrow and will be able to show the finished and final product. 5s were cast yesterday -- 10s and 2.5s go Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    If you've watched any of The Strength Co. 'Training Continues' video series on YouTube, you'll already know that literally everything Grant does is of the highest quality. He knows no other way. I would order anything with TSC branding on it sight unseen.
    If you know Grant personally, you’ll already know that he is one of the best, most honorable dudes you’ll ever have the privilege of being around.

IMG_1189.jpgIMG_1190.jpgIMG_1191.jpgIMG_1192.jpg

Here's a look at the 45s post clear coat. Clear coat ended up more durable than I anticipated and maintained almost all of the natural iron look. Almost has a seasoned look to it. Will do a full video walk through of the 45s this weekend for youtube showing all features.

The inner diameter is still one of the greatest features of this plate. Was loading the 45s this morning and I've never felt anything like it.

2.5s ran yesterday. Sampling process is officially over and production is underway. Should be fulfilling orders last week of Aug/ first week of Sept.

IMG_1211.jpgIMG_1210.jpgIMG_1208.jpg

10s were run today. All sizes have now been run and are off to machining.

Worked the clear coated 45s hard and not happy with the finish. Clear coat chips a with sustained usage and normal treatment. Rushing some 45s to e-coat to see how that holds up -- should have sample by Friday. Machining is about a week process so have some time to figure out the coating. The raw iron 45s I have here continue to oxidize, will need some type of finish. I think e-coating is going to be the most durable.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's a look at the plates with the e-coat finish. Being overnighted to me today, will review tomorrow. IMG_1832.jpgIMG_1834.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast