starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS Radio #66: Silencing Fenix Ammo with Justin Nazaroff.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "Boogaloo" is a movement, but leftists publicly calling for the overthrow of the capitalist system of economics every night for the past 3 months is not a movement. Okay!
    I think you're moving the goalposts here. The question was "Who is calling for a civil war?"; not "Which side should we consider to be a movement?". On that question, the first one, I'll just say that only one side is heavily armed and only one side actually talks about a civil war. Surely you see this.

Leftists obviously don't like capitalism, but are you naive enough to think that the protestors are a threat to capitalism? The protestors can't get more than a quarter of Americans to agree that we should spend less on police--not abolish the police, but just spend less on them. Yesterday the Democratic National Committee rejected Medicare for All by a vote 124 to 36. But you think it's appropriate to talk about killing leftists because the means of production will be seized soon? That strikes me as ridiculous if not paranoid. Most leftists would be thrilled just if right-to-work laws were repealed. I don't know what's going on in your head but your statement that "This is why we will kill you in the coming civil war -- the one you want, not us, but the one we'll give you if you insist." is in line with the quotes I gave above from Finkelstein and Schumpeter. Building up the other side as a massive threat to capitalism justifies your aggressive reactions. Placing your statements in the context of the second world war may be giving a keyboard warrior too much credit, though, and I try not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dssm198 View Post
    I think you're moving the goalposts here. The question was "Who is calling for a civil war?"; not "Which side should we consider to be a movement?". On that question, the first one, I'll just say that only one side is heavily armed and only one side actually talks about a civil war. Surely you see this.
    I see one side burning cities down, attacking the police, destroying other people's shit, disrupting the functions other people have paid taxes to enjoy, while the other side has not killed anybody. Yet. Again, you have moved the goalposts.

Leftists obviously don't like capitalism, but are you naive enough to think that the protestors are a threat to capitalism?
    I have not said that they are a threat to capitalism. Capitalism is what happens when people are allowed to buy things. Even leftists participate in capitalism when they buy lunch. Sometimes they just steal lunch, and then they are participating in "theft." You are moving the goalposts, as you have been taught to do in Leftism school.

The protestors can't get more than a quarter of Americans to agree that we should spend less on police--not abolish the police, but just spend less on them. Yesterday the Democratic National Committee rejected Medicare for All by a vote 124 to 36. But you think it's appropriate to talk about killing leftists because the means of production will be seized soon? That strikes me as ridiculous if not paranoid.
    That strikes me as moving the goalposts, since I have not suggested that leftists have either the intelligence or the gumption necessary to seize the means of production, much less operate the damn thing, and therefore they would not need killing in a civil war.

Most leftists would be thrilled just if right-to-work laws were repealed.
    Yes, right-to-work laws are regarded as evil by leftists such as yourself. What thrills leftists is always some version of more money/less work.

I don't know what's going on in your head but your statement that "This is why we will kill you in the coming civil war -- the one you want, not us, but the one we'll give you if you insist." is in line with the quotes I gave above from Finkelstein and Schumpeter. Building up the other side as a massive threat to capitalism justifies your aggressive reactions. Placing your statements in the context of the second world war may be giving a keyboard warrior too much credit, though, and I try not to do that.
    If you insist on a civil war, we are armed and you are not, as you pointed out above, and the result will be that our defensive response will be more effective than your offensive. But I sincerely hope you wake the fuck up before it becomes necessary to kill you.

I believe I wrote a reply to this last night. Is there a reason it hasn't been published?

Fascinating. I deleted JoeM , but not "you." Guess we learned something. Stef will show you out.

Any reason why?

starting strength coach development program
    Multiple accounts are not allowed. Just a pesky little rule we have around here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12