starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Radio #66: Silencing Fenix Ammo with Justin Nazaroff.

Default SS Radio #66: Silencing Fenix Ammo with Justin Nazaroff.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Wait, Rip, according to the shirt discussion about ten minutes in, are you actively calling for a second Civil War or *just joking* about calling for a second Civil War?

Either way, not the best look.

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    Wait, Rip, according to the shirt discussion about ten minutes in, are you actively calling for a second Civil War or *just joking* about calling for a second Civil War?

Are you retarded or just a liar? Either way, not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post

Go post this shit on Twitter, not here.

I'm not the one who thought goofing around with the symbols of a group whose moto is "Civil War 2, Electric Boogaloo" would be funny -- not sure why you are so down on *me*.

Because you said I was actively calling for a Second Civil War at about 10 minutes deep, and that is not true. Therefore, fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because you said I was actively calling for a Second Civil War at about 10 minutes deep, and that is not true. Therefore, fuck off.
    So, what exactly are you saying, then, at the 15:57 mark? Seems like it could pretty easily be misconstrued - given the shirt and the context of the discussion to that point - if you are *not* saying "bring it on!".

This is exactly what I said:

00:15:56
    Mark Rippetoe
    So that's. But so boogaloo, you fucking internet kids have come up with this god damn thing about the boogaloo that is the... It's got to do with the coming civil war.

00:16:08
    Justin Nazaroff
    Right.

00:16:09
    Mark Rippetoe
    Right. That we're going to win.
    Now, were I calling for a civil war, I would have said, "Let's have a civil war!" or "I think a civil war is a good idea!" or "Oh boy, a civil war is coming!" or something to that effect. The problem with you Leftists is that you think you can just say or type what you want me to have said, and you think that just rearranges what actually happened in your favor. And you think a shirt means I want a civil war -- that makes about as much sense as me seeing your pants down around your thighs and assuming it means you want a dick in your ass.

This is why we will kill you in the coming civil war -- the one you want, not us, but the one we'll give you if you insist.

As a factual matter, all sides of almost every war fought in the last few hundred years have claimed that they were acting in self-defense and in response to the other party's aggression. Let's not forget that white southerners called the last U.S. Civil War "the War of Northern Aggression".

This passage from Image and Reality by Norman Finkelstein is also something I won't forget (p. 140):

"Every mission of conquest conceives of its use of force as a justifiable act of 'self-defense' against 'aggression'. Thomas Jefferson defensively declared that, if 'constrained' by the Indians resisting American expansion to 'lift the hatchet ..., we will never lay it down till the tribe is exterminated, or is driven beyond the Mississippi'. Adlai Stevenson told the United Nations Security Council that the US invasion of South Vietnam was actually resisting a case of 'internal aggression'. Albert Camus defended the French war against Algeria on the grounds that the revolt of its North African colony was really an integral part of a 'new Arab imperialism' led by Egypt and an 'anti-Western' offensive orchestrated by Russia to 'encircle Europe' and 'isolate the United States'. No single phrase appeared more often in Nazi publications after September 1939 than 'the war that was forced upon us'. Hitler claimed that his attack on the Soviet Union was a preemptive strike against the threat posed by 'Bolshevik barbarism'. Indeed, the Nazis justified the genocide of the Jews as an act of self-defense. Thus, amidst the Nazi holocaust in 1942, Hitler recalled in apparent extenuation of his earlier 'prophecy' that 'if Jewry should plot another world war in order to exterminate the Aryan peoples of Europe, it would not be the Aryan peoples which would be exterminated, but Jewry'. Himmler, in his infamous Posen speech on the Nazi extermination campaign, declared that 'we had the moral right, we had the duty to our people, to destroy this people which wanted to destroy us'. . . . One may also recall in this regard Joseph Schumpeter's crucial insight in The Sociology of Imperialism that a characteristic, indeed unique, feature of the modern world is precisely that 'every war is carefully justified as a defensive war by the government involved, and by all the political parties, in their official utterances."

Fwiw, I haven't heard leftists ask for a civil war, but I have heard the Boogaloo movement do that. Maybe someone can point me to statements from leftists I haven't seen.

starting strength coach development program
    "Boogaloo" is a movement, but leftists publicly calling for the overthrow of the capitalist system of economics every night for the past 3 months is not a movement. Okay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast