starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks while lifting?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I thought the Karen's are liberals.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was started by liberals, describing a white woman expressing her “privilege” by asking to speak to a manager or calling the cops on a black guy for no good reason.

But it seems to fit for most liberals — they just aren’t aware that they are Karens.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was started by liberals, describing a white woman expressing her “privilege” by asking to speak to a manager or calling the cops on a black guy for no good reason.

But it seems to fit for most liberals — they just aren’t aware that they are Karens.
    True. First time I heard it the Mayor of Chicago used it to address Kayleigh McEnany on Social Media. Purely a Racial slur IMO.
    And a shame too because I really liked Mayor Lightfoot on Star Wars (Maz Kanata).

Karens are NEVER self-aware. They are the scourge of the modern civilized world.

If masks are required, use the disposable ones.
    I've had to change the way I suck in air too. No more "O" mouth cause you'll just suck in paper. I just keep my mouth open through the set.

That being said, it's still very far from optimal, and my savings for a home gym have accelerated substantially.

Training hard in a mask is essentially self-inflicted water boarding. Fine for masochistic lifters and sadistic governments. Unless you are a supporter of the evil of sadism its either time to shut up shop, or to take a stand.

Just pull it down and wear it like a chinstrap during your sets. The rest of the time i wear it with my nose out.
    Unfortunately, that's what this (and a small amount of other) member is all bothered about. If it were my call, I'd kick him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post
    If masks are required, use the disposable ones.
    I've had to change the way I suck in air too. No more "O" mouth cause you'll just suck in paper. I just keep my mouth open through the set.

That being said, it's still very far from optimal, and my savings for a home gym have accelerated substantially.
    I use one of those thin cloth scarf-looking things like this elitefts Multi-Use Head Sleeve Crescent and it's decently helpful. The keeping the mouth open thing is helpful. Thanks for your insight

Quote Originally Posted by eyezm View Post
    Unfortunately, that's what this (and a small amount of other) member is all bothered about. If it were my call, I'd kick him out.
    I’d look into a medical exemption. Perhaps sports asthma is a reasonable excuse.

Theres no fucking way I’m covering my mouth for a heavy set of squats, pulls, or presses. Some members come in the gym and complain daily, but nobody has said anything to my (uncovered) face as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    At the very least, it might get across to them the idea that enforcing stupid rules annoys everyone.
    They don't think it's a stupid rule. They think it's life or death.

That's what doesn't make sense, though. If it's too dangerous to be out without a mask, it's probably too dangerous to be out at all yet they are willing to do that.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was started by liberals, describing a white woman expressing her “privilege” by asking to speak to a manager or calling the cops on a black guy for no good reason
    It's a racial slur that would get you banned from social media if used against any race other than whites.

starting strength coach development program

We are taking the word from them, because it accurately describes the behaviour of a subset of the aggressive, conformist, Leftist population.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast