starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Masks while lifting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If that's actually true (leftists lie as easily as they breathe), you should understand that The Mask is lots of things, all of which have to do with identification and none of which have to do with the Deadly COVID-19 Pandemic.
    Indeed. Not to disparage the tragedy in someone's ancestry, but there were a whole lot of other steps before the yellow stars and then between them and death. That's the point here.

The only response I can muster to this thread title is laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    The cops came, asked the front desk if everything was good and then promptly left.

I know a cop in the gym and I asked him if he gets calls like this. He said he ignores them and he hasn’t heard of any tickets being issued for facemask compliance so far. APD is probably one of the finest police departments in the country and our pussy mayor wants to defund them.
    That's the problem though, what kinda cops you're dealing with is a real toss up. You can get ones who think this is all as stupid as you do, or you can get some kind of walking inferiority complex that gets off on bossing people around.

Default Oh, it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If that's actually true (leftists lie as easily as they breathe), you should understand that The Mask is lots of things, all of which have to do with identification and none of which have to do with the Deadly COVID-19 Pandemic.
    Apparently leftists can breath through masks, while rightists can't. Who knew that one's political leaning affected the ability to breath.

I'm happy to introduce you to my mother, although she is 90 and dying of cancer, so you will have to get on it pretty quick. Let me know if you would like to see a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    That's the problem though, what kinda cops you're dealing with is a real toss up. You can get ones who think this is all as stupid as you do, or you can get some kind of walking inferiority complex that gets off on bossing people around.
    McCops:

McDonald's CEO says restaurants "might bring in law enforcement" if customers refuse to comply with mask policy - CBS News

"If someone is unwilling to wear a mask and comply with our rules, that might be where we might bring in law enforcement,"

- McCEO

The discrimination against Jews happened long before. The purpose of the star was to identify, humiliate, and to make discrimination easier. The purpose of the mask, whether you agree to the value or not, is not to identify you for discrimination. Unless you have jumped on the "Q" train and think this is all a big, underground plot to target you for some reason. Weirdly, although people on the right think it is an attack, people on the left seem to embrace it, so is it a plot by the right? Very confusing. Anyway, comparing mask orders to Jewish stars is a really bad analogy.

My relative is a cop and is very specifically not allowed to wear a mask while carrying a weapon because it conceals his face. And, shocker, he always carries a weapon on duty.

I take great private joy in the idea of people calling to whine about mask rules, only to have a maskless cop respond to the call and say "sorry ma'am, it's policy, I can't put a mask on. Now, would you like me to come in to handle this maskless miscreant or are we good here?"

Quote Originally Posted by mbdonner View Post
    Apparently leftists can breath through masks, while rightists can't. Who knew that one's political leaning affected the ability to breath.

I'm happy to introduce you to my mother, although she is 90 and dying of cancer, so you will have to get on it pretty quick. Let me know if you would like to see a picture.
    My ability to breathe through a mask has absolutely nothing to do with my voluntarily wearing a mask. And your mother may not want her picture posted on the internet -- think of her and not yourself.

The purpose of the mask, whether you agree to the value or not, is not to identify you for discrimination.
    Nonetheless, it identifies you all the same. People wearing masks either need the job that requires it, are afraid of catching a disease they have been made to be afraid of, are merely subservient people, or are leftists signalling their moral superiority. They do nothing biological to prevent viral transmission, and they are a visible sign for others to see.

Anyway, comparing mask orders to Jewish stars is a really bad analogy.
    Indeed, though it's odd that you would feel that way when you were the first to make said analogy. Nockian merely mentioned the star as the end result of an overly compliant society.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    McCops:

McDonald's CEO says restaurants "might bring in law enforcement" if customers refuse to comply with mask policy - CBS News

"If someone is unwilling to wear a mask and comply with our rules, that might be where we might bring in law enforcement,"

- McCEO
    Almost as if some of these companies are actively trying to self-destruct.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast