starting strength gym
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Books on Libertarianism - Starting Strength Radio

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    My point is that the two are not mutually exclusive, Rip.

A discussion about Libertarianism's relevance in the 20th century in North America is completely sterile without a complementary discussion on the issue of racial tension - a defining characteristic of the socio-political climate across the entire West in the 21st century.

Without it, it's just a circle jerk.
    Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Explain.
    I did.

Books on Libertarianism - Starting Strength Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    My point is that the two are not mutually exclusive, Rip.

A discussion about Libertarianism's relevance in the 20th century in North America is completely sterile without a complementary discussion on the issue of racial tension - a defining characteristic of the socio-political climate across the entire West in the 21st century.

Without it, it's just a circle jerk.
    Have you been to the US? Or is your impression of the “racial tension” here based solely on the news, social media, and other internet “sources”?

I strongly suspect he hasn't been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Have you been to the US? Or is your impression of the “racial tension” here based solely on the news, social media, and other internet “sources”?
    So racial tension is a myth in the USA? Of course it is.

I've never gotten my history teaching from news or social media, thank you very much.

Answer the question, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Answer the question, please.
    I have not been to the USA. The nature of this discussion does not require that i, or anyone else directing this line of enquiry, have travelled to the USA.

Correct. But it does require that you know what the fuck you're talking about, and unless you've been here and spent time here, your only source of information on "Racial Tension in the US" is from biased sources who are apparently very good at their job. Now, stop typing about things you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This is not what anarchy means. Anarchy, typically understood, is a condition where there is no overseeing body directing actions. The natural state of nature is anarchy. All voluntary human interactions are anarchist in nature.
    The natural state of nature is violence. There is always an overseeing body. They may be your neighbors or the police state, but someone will eventually try to clamp down on what they disapprove of. They will only be deterred by threats of or actual violence. So people have organized into groups to have enough violence on their to deter violence against them.

The exception is people reasoning with one another and respecting each other's rights or their own lack of rights over another. this is the rare exception.

All of human and animal history demonstrates this pattern. Most live and let living is just neglect due to it being the path of least resistance. That's a lot of why it appears that there are more assholes and busybodies around. There's not. There's just easier ways to be one.

Libertarianism may indeed be the morally correct position, but appeals to nature for authority are absolute nonsense.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    The natural state of nature is violence. There is always an overseeing body. They may be your neighbors or the police state, but someone will eventually try to clamp down on what they disapprove of. They will only be deterred by threats of or actual violence. So people have organized into groups to have enough violence on their to deter violence against them.

The exception is people reasoning with one another and respecting each other's rights or their own lack of rights over another. this is the rare exception.

All of human and animal history demonstrates this pattern. Most live and let living is just neglect due to it being the path of least resistance. That's a lot of why it appears that there are more assholes and busybodies around. There's not. There's just easier ways to be one.

Libertarianism may indeed be the morally correct position, but appeals to nature for authority are absolute nonsense.
    Indeed. Libertarians believe in a fantasy world where somehow, everyone, does the right thing including the authorities. A free for all. Essentially Woodstock.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast