starting strength gym

Thread: Gaining Weight And Sleep Apnea - Starting Strength Radio Clips

Default Gaining Weight And Sleep Apnea - Starting Strength Radio Clips

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Good information here. I have sleep apnea (OSA), and snore, both are worse on my back but also present when sleeping on my side. CPAP has been a life-changer, and helped with quality of sleep (which helps quality of life) and has mostly eliminated the snoring.

The oxymetazoline may help with nasal snoring, although I don't think it's very active deeper in the throat where the airway collapse usually happens in obstructive sleep apnea.

You will hear about oxymetazoline (Afrin) being "addictive," as mentioned by Rip. There is some dependence on oxymetazoline that develops, meaning that you may have some rebound congestion (temporarily) if you use it nightly for a month or so and then go without it. But if it helps nightly, and you have access to it, and want to use it nightly forever, that's not really a problem. Might be an issue if you are travelling or run out and suddenly don't have access to it, and you might have a rough night until you get to the pharmacy the next day. This is not addiction, as there is no tolerance or craving that develops, and people don't keep using it in spite of negative consequences, as far as I know. I have yet to hear of someone banging on the door of CVS after hours begging for just one more hit of Afrin.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    I don't think it's very active deeper in the throat where the airway collapse usually happens in obstructive sleep apnea.
    It's not. That's why I advise learning to sleep on your left side.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    You will hear about oxymetazoline (Afrin) being "addictive," as mentioned by Rip. There is some dependence on oxymetazoline that develops, meaning that you may have some rebound congestion (temporarily) if you use it nightly for a month or so and then go without it. But if it helps nightly, and you have access to it, and want to use it nightly forever, that's not really a problem. Might be an issue if you are travelling or run out and suddenly don't have access to it, and you might have a rough night until you get to the pharmacy the next day. This is not addiction, as there is no tolerance or craving that develops, and people don't keep using it in spite of negative consequences, as far as I know. I have yet to hear of someone banging on the door of CVS after hours begging for just one more hit of Afrin.
    I don't understand how the risk of "addiction" to Afrin can be given the same weight as a lifetime of shitty sleep. I discovered the stuff about a year ago, and it has made such a huge difference in the quality of my sleep. My wife tells me to stop but in my mind I'll take whatever risk there is to be able to get a good night's sleep every night. Especially when that risk seems like nonsense.