starting strength gym

Thread: SS Radio #70: Rip Live!

Really enjoyed this new feature. The gamble worked:

1) Informative
    2) Nice variety
    3) The anticipation of Rip’s reaction to the caller - it’s like waiting for a Roman Emperor’s thumbs up or thumbs down and then the ensuing flamethrower, eye-rolling tolerance with underlay of sarcasm or contented approval / relief / appreciation of a non dumb ass question.
    4) The general energy of the live interactions worked well.

Nick did a great job of marshalling too.

Question Rip: how hard was it not to explode at the question from the guy about 20 rep squats? I assume this live Q and A will have the capacity to test your temper in the future. Looking forward to see what unfolds!

Great podcast guys!

Rip Is it acceptable to do barbell rows the ‘bodybuilder style’ with no touch on the floor if my back is bothering me?

Fine withe me.

Thanks Rip. Love the show !!

Councillors! Seems as though the Texas Public School system was similar to the Australian PSS in the 60's, except we called it "Vocational Guidance". Advisors would look at your school marks and determine what your talents were best suited for.

I was always good at Wood and Metalwork, poor at Math, reasonable at Science and absolutely hated English and its various permutations, loved Tech Drawing but was not allowed to do it. The advice I got was nil.
    They never steered me to Tech College where I could have learned a trade which I was really suited for. So when I escaped High School in 69 I kind of wasted my time for a few years.

Then an electrician suggested to me to go and do the electrical trade which had a lot of math in it and I was poor at all that stuff when they tried to teach me at school, but I went and did a year of catch up math and finally such things as ohm's law and transposing of equations made sense and wallah! I become an electrician, who would have guessed an idiot like me would end up as an electrical fitter.
    And you know something Mark even though I have reached the "best before date" I am still learning.

Thanks for the podcast and for the information and the time you give so generously to us folk out here.

starting strength coach development program
    Very well done.

To properly savor this podcast, one must wait until Monday Morning, and watch on breaks.
    The questions were of higher quality than I anticipated, having kept up on the forums.
    Of course, the 20 squat question, seemed a deliberate provocation, and was entertaining for that reason.

I learned.
    I laughed.
    I'll be back.

The new "self sufficient lifter" seminar is something I'd love to hear more about.
    It is very relevant to these times... what haven't managed to "go away".