starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength Portland Metro

Default Starting Strength Portland Metro

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello!

There have now been a number of announcements related to a new Starting Strength Gym in the Portland, Oregon Metro. Jennifer and I (the new owners) want to introduce ourselves to the forum, tell you a little about ourselves, and create a thread to provide future updates.

We've both been training for the past year with an online SSC and have made great progress. The training has been an activity that has grounded us this past year, even as our city and much of our country has gone insane. Even better ... our new passion has been great for our marriage (25 years this summer). Are there any other SS couples in the forums who lift together?

It is with that experience that we decided to help bring qualified Starting Strength coaching to our community. We completely understand those who might ask: Why would you start a gym (or any other business) in Portland, Oregon given the current ... err ... craziness? It's certainly something we've wrestled with over the last several months. However, our targeted gym areas are well outside of downtown Portland, which is the area getting national attention.

Jennifer and I actually live in Camas, WA (East Vancouver / north of the Columbia River). It's a beautiful area, with a lot of great people who need to get strong. We will likely develop a gym on the Eastside of Vancouver and another gym on the west side of Portland (Hillsboro/Beaverton areas). However, we are still working through the site selection process and our plans may change.

Anyway, we will continue to update everyone on our process in this thread!

Please connect with us via social media or through our mailing list to get the latest information on our process.

Facebook - Starting Strength Portland - Home | Facebook
    Instagram - Login • Instagram
    Mailing List - PRICING - Starting Strength Gym in Portland, OR | Get Strong – Guaranteed

-Derrick

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Thank you Ray!

Welcome Derrick and Jennifer! I know very little about Portland outside of the Trailblazers, so I'm looking forward to learning more about your city whilst also admiring your journey of bringing SS Portland to fruition. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Welcome Derrick and Jennifer! I know very little about Portland outside of the Trailblazers, so I'm looking forward to learning more about your city whilst also admiring your journey of bringing SS Portland to fruition. Good luck!
    Thanks Travis!