starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chin-ups for golfers elbow - the right way?.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Speaking of pin firing, have you ever heard of, or used a turpentine based liniment for tendinitis? It was pretty commonly used for homemade horse liniments, at least where I grew up, and I knew an old farm wife who swore by it for any ache, pain, sprain, or contusion she might have. Correcting my squat grip resolved my own elbow pain without having to do the chinup protocol, but I still have a jar of liniment that I occasionally use when things ache. I assume it works as a rubefacient/counterirritant. (And yes, I know it's mildly toxic).
    Counterirritants do not fix tendonitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Counterirritants do not fix tendonitis.
    I wondered about that, which is why I asked. The most dramatic effect I've seen with turpentine liniment is for big, ugly bruises and bad ankle sprains.

While running the every five day pin-firing protocol, is there any issue with doing weighted chin-ups on regularly scheduled training days?

I did pin firing 20*5 on Sunday and weighted chins on Tuesday morning. It hurt (as is expected) but I was able to complete it. The next pin firing is on Friday.

Will these weighted chins interfere with the pin firing process?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    The most dramatic effect I've seen with turpentine liniment is for big, ugly bruises and bad ankle sprains.
    Which were going to heal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rodgers View Post
    While running the every five day pin-firing protocol, is there any issue with doing weighted chin-ups on regularly scheduled training days?

I did pin firing 20*5 on Sunday and weighted chins on Tuesday morning. It hurt (as is expected) but I was able to complete it. The next pin firing is on Friday.

Will these weighted chins interfere with the pin firing process?
    I really don't understand why this has to be so complicated. I told you how to do it my way, you don't like my way, so just do it your way and see what happens.

I will simply add that I had it real bad, adopted Coach's protocol, and it worked perfectly. It was hard and painful as fuck at first, but it worked.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Just do it your way, Nockian. It's probably better.
    Probably ? Definitely. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12