starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i just got mugged and i'm tired of it

Default i just got mugged and i'm tired of it

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just got mugged trying to buy weed. By the grace of god I only lost 30$ and a cc card that I have already cancelled. If just one or two little things had played out differently a little earlier this afternoon, I would have lost >500 hundred dollars.

I'm fucking sick of the shit. Every goddamn apartment complex I can afford to rent is filled with sociopathic marauders.

I'm not a weak man (500# DL less than a year ago) but I was not comfortable engaging in H2H combat with the fellow that was mugging me. He was about my size ~5'10 200, and I sensed on a deep level that I would not have been able to prevail in pure H2H. Despite the fact that I have been mugged before I feel ashamed about this in particular, because in 7 years of living in low-income neighborhoods and apartment complexes I have never been taken by a man who lacked a knife at the least.

I'm familiar with the shock of being robbed. I've been robbed at gunpoint twice and knifepoint once in the past 10 years. But there is a real, deep shame associated wth getting one's pockets tapped by a bare-handed man barely bigger than you.

What would you do if you were me? I have no experience with firearm ownership, but it is no longer sensible for me to delay familiarizing myself therewith. Should I just buy a gun? What kind/caliber and how do I decide? Do you have anything off the top of your head that you would suggest a new firearm owner read?

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I'm familiar with the shock of being robbed. I've been robbed at gunpoint twice and knifepoint once in the past 10 years. But there is a real, deep shame associated with getting one's pockets tapped by a bare-handed man barely bigger than you.
    This must be what paying taxes in NYC feels like.

Who cares?

In no particular order

Move to a part of the country you can afford to live in or at least where pot is legal to purchase

Get a skill set that pays well so you can afford better living areas

As long as you engage in illegal activity you will be in contact with criminals

If you shoot someone over a drug deal you will go to prison, On the flip side if you aren’t prepared to shoot someone don’t
    carry

While I think it should be legal for adults it’s stupid to smoke anything

And if you can deadlift over 500 lbs and can’t sucker punch your way to a win you are a pussy

Actually the same advice one would give to a new lifter, find a trainer. I didn't catch were you live but in most states a trip to the gun store will put you in touch with a couple of firearms trainers. Talk to them, find out who you are comfortable with and get some training. While you are getting some training, then get you CCW paperwork in order and file it. When you and your trainer think you are ready, then get a gun that suites your needs, carry style, and skill set.

You may also want to look into some martial arts training. Anyone with a 500lb dead lift is likely to be able to take care of himself. Look around and find a krav maga school near you. Think of it as some conditioning with education attached.

Strangest way to troll the board I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Strangest way to troll the board I've ever seen.
    Actually, I can't believe you let this post come through. This is the greatest proof that you are open minded, TBH.

Weed is ghey

Yeh. Wow. I’m stumped. Is it a troll? The helplessness sounds real. It’s very
    Andy Kaufman-esqe. But if said person makes bad decisions to enter bad apartment complexes to buy bad things, then bad things happen. The part about the mental aftermath of being robbed the first time seemed legit but what do I know.

What’s the crazy part of it? That I have real crap to deal with in my life but I have spent 15 minutes trying to figure this out. Says more about me than it does this alleged troll.

starting strength coach development program
    What would you do if you were me?
    Consider it doing my part in fair wealth redistribution and be satisfied with my contribution to society...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast