starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get your GOMAD the easy way!

Default Get your GOMAD the easy way!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ok, I know that some folks find it challenging to put down a gallon of milk every day. Sometimes that tall glass of cold delicious cow squeezin's just doesn't look all that appealing by the end of the day.

So Mr. Rippetoe - what do you think about getting at least some of the GOMAD by drinking Starbucks lattes? I believe a venti sugar free latte contains about 20 ounces of milk - it would only take 7 such refreshing beverages to hit that gallon mark, by my reckoning.

The only problem is persuading the folks behind the counter that YES, you want sugar free and NO, you do NOT want skim milk.

Jesus. How much money do you think these kids have??? Just drink the fucking milk, please.

Wow...I'm speechless.

Starbucks lattes????

On a fucking barbell training forum? Are you fucking kidding me?

That's like what, $35 a day plus tax? Ouch.

True, that's a pricey option. If one were to get ALL of the GOMAD from Starbucks lattes it would cost about $30 a day. This might only be an option for someone who already has a job at Starbucks.

On the other hand, if you're going to have a latte anyway you might as well get the big one with whole milk and thereby contribute to your daily goal.

Plus caffeine sharpens the mind, and might allow someone the extra focus required to correctly learn to power clean instead of doing rows.

Strong coffee + whole milk > (insert trendy supplement here).

A gallon of whole milk is $3.00. What does that contraption cost?

And I thought my buttermilk was a little gay ...

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    True, that's a pricey option. If one were to get ALL of the GOMAD from Starbucks lattes it would cost about $30 a day. This might only be an option for someone who already has a job at Starbucks.

On the other hand, if you're going to have a latte anyway you might as well get the big one with whole milk and thereby contribute to your daily goal.

Plus caffeine sharpens the mind, and might allow someone the extra focus required to correctly learn to power clean instead of doing rows.

Strong coffee + whole milk > (insert trendy supplement here).
    You could buy your milk at the trendiest organic bodega and buy the most expensive Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee from the local gourmet shop, and still come out 10 times cheaper making them yourself rather than buying them from Starbucks.

I really hope you're just clowning around.

starting strength coach development program
    Ok, surely you folk realize I wasn't completely serious. I usually drink coffee before my workouts, and throughout the day. The point is that you can get your gallon of milk in each day in a variety of ways - if you're going to be drinking coffee with additives, why not make that whole milk and be that much closer to your total?

Starbuck's has a whole milk option, unlike some other places. Sure it's pricey, but it doesn't HAVE to be Starbuck's. For those of you whose primary job function is to say "would you like fries with that" there are other options - just toss in the whole milk in whatever coffee you normally drink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast