starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiskey Question

Default Whiskey Question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Rip, have you tried Bookers bourbon and/or Jack Daniel's single barrel/barrel proof Tennessee whiskey? I know you prefer higher end whiskey and these are from Jim Beam and Jack but I really enjoy these particular offerings. Just curious if you've had them and what you thought? Cheers.

I do not do business with either Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. Same reason I don't buy Folgers. I have moral standards, and these companies shamelessly produce a shit product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I do not do business with either Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. Same reason I don't buy Folgers. I have moral standards, and these companies shamelessly produce a shit product.
    Same goes for Maker’s Mark, which I’m pretty sure is paint thinner with food coloring in it. Barf.

Most of the distilleries over here are now producing 80% proof hand sanitizer. A few months ago you could not get it anywhere, now there are pallets loads of the stuff everywhere. More profitable than producing that gasoline you folk drink over there.

Any opinions on cheap(er) whiskey? I prefer a lightly peated Irish, and I'm moving to a booze desert.

The only peated Irish I know of is Connamara.

You can always have faith that the Rip will tell you the truth as he sees it

The only peated Irish I know of is Connamara.
    I hope you get a trip to Scotland after this madness is over. I do it every year and taking a boat out of oban to visit a distillery is a great pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    You can always have faith that the Rip will tell you the truth as he sees it
    Ha! Yep, I would expect nothing less. In fact, it's good he doesn't like Bookers, more for me! Actually, truth be told I am taking a break from the booze, been hitting it a bit too hard lately. Time for some forced sobriety.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Ha! Yep, I would expect nothing less. In fact, it's good he doesn't like Bookers, more for me! Actually, truth be told I am taking a break from the booze, been hitting it a bit too hard lately. Time for some forced sobriety.
    Bourbon is not to my taste, I am a scotch man. Sometimes an Irish or Japanese for a change but the peaty scotch like Ardbeg is my favoured whisky.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast