starting strength gym
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Whiskey Question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    For anyone interested, there's a website based in the UK called Master of Malt. They sell samples of many of the products on their site. I'll occasionally buy 20 or 30 at a time. Great way to try some expensive whiskies without taking the risk of buying an expensive bottle and having it be crap. Got to try some sensational whiskies and other spirits from all around the world, with age statements up to 50+ years. Yeah there were more than a few very poor examples, but they were cheap enough that it didn't bother me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
    For anyone interested, there's a website based in the UK called Master of Malt. They sell samples of many of the products on their site. I'll occasionally buy 20 or 30 at a time. Great way to try some expensive whiskies without taking the risk of buying an expensive bottle and having it be crap. Got to try some sensational whiskies and other spirits from all around the world, with age statements up to 50+ years. Yeah there were more than a few very poor examples, but they were cheap enough that it didn't bother me too much.
    Anyone got much experience with Japanese whisky? I have a bottle of yamazaki, it is OK. I wonder if I'm missing out on any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I do not do business with either Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. Same reason I don't buy Folgers. I have moral standards, and these companies shamelessly produce a shit product.
    I know it's from Beam, and at a lower price point but I do like both OGD BIB & 114....

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    I know it's from Beam, and at a lower price point but I do like both OGD BIB & 114....
    Drink what you like. The best bourbon I was able to actually find and buy this year was Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (Batch B520). Absolutely amazing stuff but it's so marked up around me, MSRP is $60 and I can't buy it for less than $100 out the door. I also enjoyed Stagg Jr. (batch 14) but that is ~ $80 around me, not as bad as ECBP but still marked up. Meanwhile Jack Daniel's Barrel Proof is awesome, beat Stagg Jr. in a blind, and is always easy to find and only costs $65. It's a steal. Check some reviews on Youtube, everyone pretty much loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Drink what you like. The best bourbon I was able to actually find and buy this year was Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (Batch B520). Absolutely amazing stuff but it's so marked up around me, MSRP is $60 and I can't buy it for less than $100 out the door. I also enjoyed Stagg Jr. (batch 14) but that is ~ $80 around me, not as bad as ECBP but still marked up. Meanwhile Jack Daniel's Barrel Proof is awesome, beat Stagg Jr. in a blind, and is always easy to find and only costs $65. It's a steal. Check some reviews on Youtube, everyone pretty much loves it.
    Would love to see Rip follow in the footsteps of my favourite fictional grumpy libertarian Ron Swanson and make the trip to the Hebrides.

Ron Swanson Visits Lagavulin Distillery - Parks and Recreation - YouTube

There he goes

I've been to the Hebrides. 2007. And Skye, and the Highlands, several times.

I've been to the Hebrides. 2007. And Skye, and the Highlands, several times.
    Very good. That would be an excellent starting strength episode

Won't ever happen again. I don't go anywhere I can't take my pocketknife.

I'll buy you a new pocket knife for when you arrive. They are not illegal here but you might have a challenge in an airport.

look, perfectly available and legal Fishing Knives & Tools | Fixed, Folded, Gut Hooks & Plain Blade | ArdMoor

starting strength coach development program
    Curious, what is your daily carry pocketknife?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast