starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are training injuries sustained by SS authors "proof" that the method is imperfect?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    I would argue that the flaw is in not shutting down trolls quicker.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But sometimes you get injured using good technique. Sorry.
    Yep, sometimes

It is not about if, but when. However, how often one gets injured I do take into consideration. If someone is always injured, there is probably an issue with something like eating, sleeping, technique, programming, or something along those lines. However, injury from programmed strength training is not something I worry about 90 percent of the time. If you are setting up with the right rack, bars, and using spotters, serious injury can be minimized greatly. The "itis" (tendonitis,bursitis) stuff will come and go, usually due to some technique error, sometimes idiopathic. Set up bench the right way, SS has videos and articles on this.

Bench Press Safety | Niki Sims

I once dropped a beautiful, precision calibrated, 5kg Eleiko plate directly on the big toe of my left foot.

That's the worst thing that's happened in about three years.

starting strength coach development program
    Lifted a long time, not that that means anything, but all the years I've lifted and trained the programs in "Practical Programming" seem the most logical and you can tailor to your situation. The programs to me seem the least flawed and logical.

Honestly, you can spend some time Googling around on the subject of Strength Training and injury prevention. There is lot's of evidence that strength training prevents injuries if done sensible. I'm a big fan of the "Barbell Prescription" book, well for that matter all the books. I had some back injuries and a neck injury doing other dumb stuff when young. Since doing starting strength, then tailored HML programs no back issues in 20 years. I think I'll keep at it. I have had a couple of injuries over the years, but usually doing dumb stuff that could be argued is made for teens e.g. playing competitive soccer, softball, rec basketball etc. I can tell you most people my age would fall apart doing some of the "activities" I do. When you get older just takes a bit longer to recover.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345