starting strength gym

Thread: Walking

Default Walking

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Mark, in your experience, would you consider too much walking to hinder any strength gains? I know it’s advised to just rest and eat to maximize recovery but I’m curious if being on your feet all day walking around or even walking inclines going for hour hikes or something similar would hinder recovery.

Are you already adapted to it?

Yeah I walk lots for work and outside of work as well but just wondering if it would effect anything on the recovery side like cardio would.

Hey Rip. I noticed that a bit of walking the day after squats helped the recovery process. No more than a mile or so and no major hills.

Basically none of us can just do a strength program and then be completely sedentary for the rest of our lives. Walking is not long slow distance and neither is most anything else unless your occupation involves a lot of running.

Lots of strong people work very physical jobs along with training.

Rip, should I a buy a wheelchair and get a handicapped parking plate to avoid walking?

I really want my recovery to be 100%, flawless, spotless, pure perfection, even if that means avoiding activities that are part of normal human life or giving up healthy activities I enjoy for as long as it takes.

As a follow-up question: What do you recommend I do if all of the motorized carts at WalMart are occupied?

starting strength coach development program
    The question is more along the lines of at what point does it become catabolic? A long hike is fine but a jog is not? For recovery purposes. No one asked about sitting sedentary all day.