starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rip: When To Do the Lifts "Wrong"

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mayonnaise and nicely rendered beef fat, preferably very dry-aged, make a very nice combination, one that you might find on a hamburger and one that I would not find offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Mayonnaise and nicely rendered beef fat, preferably very dry-aged, make a very nice combination, one that you might find on a hamburger and one that I would not find offensive.
    Hmm, not the traditional formula for mayonnaise i.e. egg yolk and salad oil etc. Maybe your right, but not what you would be offered on an Australian style burger with the "lot".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What's wrong with your hip?
    20+ years ago I sublocated it while water skiing. Since then sitting for more than about 1 hour starts to really irritate it. During the seminar I took with you a few years ago we talked about how having my stance as wide as you wanted it was actively painful and I had 'permission' to narrow it. That's the short of it. After a full start over last year after my crainectomy as soon as the weight starts to get into the upper 200s virtually any volume causes it to hurt....If you have suggestions I am listening! Seriously.

Singles and triples. Or the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Singles and triples. Or the surgery.
    Triples are what I'm moving back too. A couple years ago Jordan Stanton suggested a HLM routine that on paper I thought would irritate my hip and didn't. L was 5 reps, M triples and H singles or doubles.

Surgery??

MRI? Diagnosis?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Hmm, not the traditional formula for mayonnaise i.e. egg yolk and salad oil etc. Maybe your right, but not what you would be offered on an Australian style burger with the "lot".
    No, I mean, put mayo on a good burger. The beef fat mixes with the mayonnaise in a very delightful way. And the acid in the mayo cuts the fat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123