starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS Radio #76: Training Female Lifters

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Yeah, I figured there's that too. But I'm not THAT old. Just turned 36 in September.
    SVJ testing is for determining athletic potential in potential athletes. It doesn't not apply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    SVJ testing is for determining athletic potential in potential athletes. It doesn't not apply to you.
    It was something I tried more out of curiosity than anything else.

Not particularly you, but older guys get hurt jumping for max effort, since connective tissues are less elastic with age. Ad this to the normal loss of explosion as age advances, and shit like this becomes not only pointless but unproductive.

Not particularly you, but older guys get hurt jumping for max effort, since connective tissues are less elastic with age. Ad this to the normal loss of explosion as age advances, and shit like this becomes not only pointless but unproductive.
    Even so, we will do it anyway.

Looking forward to my SVJ test at 60 or 70 if I ever manage to make it there.

Good for you!! I'll tell you how to rehab the tendon rupture.

I just want to say thanks for the video. My wife decided she wanted to do the NLP with me. Have learned alot from the books and all the other SS resources. This video came at a perfect time for my wife and I. Alot of great info that will help me coach her.

36 is definitely not going to old too vertical jump. There are seniors basketball tournaments all over America.

Rip probably injured himself jumping or something because he quit doing any athletic training and only lifted in his old age.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    36 is definitely not going to old too vertical jump. There are seniors basketball tournaments all over America.

Rip probably injured himself jumping or something because he quit doing any athletic training and only lifted in his old age.
    As is usually the case, you probably don't know what you're talking about. For example, basketball and a max SVJ test are completely different things, and you don't know anything about what I have done or what I do. Yet here you are, typing anyway.

Oh I've already begun to feel that starting. I'm sure I can only look forward to a steady decline.

starting strength coach development program
    Sometimes we have to run our hand through the flame just for the hell of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12