starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix acquires rights to a Conan series.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    “Conan, what is best in life?!”

“Working out my mutual differences with my enemies, seeing them flourish before me, and to be exceptionally respectful to the women”
    That got me. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by eekrazyk View Post
    Hmm. Who else could they cast that could feasibly live up to the masculinity and physique of Conan? The Rock, Hemsworth, Tom Hardy, Henry Cavill, some unknown rising star?
    I would prefer to see someone who actually looks like he'd stick and axe right through you. So if Rip is too busy... maybe someone retiring from strong man. I'm sure Eddie hall would love to follow arnold into this once his boxing match is done...

The guys who did the last Conan with Jason Momoa are show running. I don't hate Momoa and didn't hate him in the role.

I just hope there's lots of nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    The guys who did the last Conan with Jason Momoa are show running. I don't hate Momoa and didn't hate him in the role.

I just hope there's lots of nudity.
    I didn't much like that movie either, though. I haven't read much of Howard's original Conan stuff but he strikes me as a sort of total-package ubermensch. Smart, strong, fit, charismatic, good looking, etc. Very hard to cast something like that well. Smart is the only quality you can potentially get away with the actor not measuring up in, and a lack of that can still show no matter how much you try to use the writing to bolster it. With Netflix and their obvious sensibilities overseeing things, there's also the inevitable softening of the source material's edges, which are a big part of its charm.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I didn't much like that movie either, though. I haven't read much of Howard's original Conan stuff but he strikes me as a sort of total-package ubermensch. Smart, strong, fit, charismatic, good looking, etc. Very hard to cast something like that well. Smart is the only quality you can potentially get away with the actor not measuring up in, and a lack of that can still show no matter how much you try to use the writing to bolster it. With Netflix and their obvious sensibilities overseeing things, there's also the inevitable softening of the source material's edges, which are a big part of its charm.
    I think you need someone who looks unusually strong like Arnold did. Not just a big guy like Momoa but someone unusual.

starting strength coach development program
    When I die I go before Crom! And when I can’t squat 5s he will cast me out of Valhalla.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12