starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netflix acquires rights to a Conan series.

Default Netflix acquires rights to a Conan series.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Do you think there is even a small possibility that someone could even come close to making a Conan close to Robert E Howard's original?? Or has it been so diluted we will only get another father revenge story of a mindless barbarian.

Look what happened when Rogan was "acquired."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hunter View Post
    Do you think there is even a small possibility that someone could even come close to making a Conan close to Robert E Howard's original??
    You're more likely to get a black female Conetta going around casually tossing dudes twice her size around.

oooh, they should get Chris Hemsworth to play Conan.

(Sorry Mark, I had too)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hunter View Post
    Do you think there is even a small possibility that someone could even come close to making a Conan close to Robert E Howard's original?? Or has it been so diluted we will only get another father revenge story of a mindless barbarian.
    Unfortunately, the Conan character as written is the antithesis of today’s corporate soyboy simp. There cannot be a good representation of REH’s freethinking, fiercely independent Cimmerian in a corporate cesspool. You will get a sensitive emo warrior more like Elric of Melnibone I suspect. Though I really believe if you did it correctly you would have a hit seres because today’s men are starved for something like the original character.

“Conan, what is best in life?!”

“Working out my mutual differences with my enemies, seeing them flourish before me, and to be exceptionally respectful to the women”

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    You will get a sensitive emo warrior more like Elric of Melnibone I suspect.
    Daaaang! I haven't even thought of those books in decades. But Elric came across to me as pretty soulless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    Unfortunately, the Conan character as written is the antithesis of today’s corporate soyboy simp. There cannot be a good representation of REH’s freethinking, fiercely independent Cimmerian in a corporate cesspool. You will get a sensitive emo warrior more like Elric of Melnibone I suspect. Though I really believe if you did it correctly you would have a hit seres because today’s men are starved for something like the original character.
    You can just imagine all the contrived side kicks too. Conan and his merry band of purple haired antifa smugglypuff creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    You can just imagine all the contrived side kicks too. Conan and his merry band of purple haired antifa smugglypuff creatures.
    The new 110 lb Red Sonja who looks like she has an eating disorder would kiss his ass in first episode man.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    oooh, they should get Chris Hemsworth to play Conan.

(Sorry Mark, I had too)
    Hmm. Who else could they cast that could feasibly live up to the masculinity and physique of Conan? The Rock, Hemsworth, Tom Hardy, Henry Cavill, some unknown rising star?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast