starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forget Rogan, when is Rip going on Alex Jones?

Default Forget Rogan, when is Rip going on Alex Jones?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Have you ever run into Alex at some point in Texas over the years Rip? I know Alex is a controversial figure but I have always found him entertaining and enjoy his stuff. I would LOVE to hear you and Alex talk about current events. I bet he would do the Friday show, your "people" should reach out. Of course if you don't like him, forget it, just a thought.

Call him. Have his people call my people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Call him. Have his people call my people.
    Sent off an email asking them to contact Nick to set up a time to do the show. Worth a shot.

An excellent use of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An excellent use of your time.
    I saw a clip where rip answered a question the other day, I think from the archive. It was about weight training helping depression. I've also heard jordan peterson talk about this and confirm it helps. I've also heard him talk about anaerobic exercise slowing cognitive decline.

Since a lot of people are struggling with this God awful year, losing businesses, jobs. I think that would be a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I saw a clip where rip answered a question the other day, I think from the archive. It was about weight training helping depression. I've also heard jordan peterson talk about this and confirm it helps. I've also heard him talk about anaerobic exercise slowing cognitive decline.

Since a lot of people are struggling with this God awful year, losing businesses, jobs. I think that would be a good show.
    Strength training is been the one thing that has reliably helped me get through my stressful job and shitty life. When they shut down my gym for several months, I slowly but surely started hitting the bottle way more frequently than usual. I need some sort of stress release and although strength training is my favorite method, if I can't do that the next thing on my list is alcohol. Imagine my delight when they shut down the gyms but kept the liquor stores open. My wallet and my liver took some major damage for a while there.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Strength training is been the one thing that has reliably helped me get through my stressful job and shitty life. When they shut down my gym for several months, I slowly but surely started hitting the bottle way more frequently than usual. I need some sort of stress release and although strength training is my favorite method, if I can't do that the next thing on my list is alcohol. Imagine my delight when they shut down the gyms but kept the liquor stores open. My wallet and my liver took some major damage for a while there.
    Rip talks a little bit about this in the book. There really is something in 'being the mammal you were born to be'

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Strength training is been the one thing that has reliably helped me get through
    Hang in there, Railbob1776!

You know Rip could do a video chat with Rogan, thus never stepping foot in Austin. It would be the most entertaining and useful show across any platform in existence ever.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfacts25 View Post
    You know Rip could do a video chat with Rogan, thus never stepping foot in Austin. It would be the most entertaining and useful show across any platform in existence ever.
    My favourite I found recently aside from watching a tonne of his power clean videos to improve my form is the one he did with the cross fit guy a few years ago. "yes that is a good question, isn't it"

I feel like rip is entertaining because he's one of the few people left who is prepared to own his opinions and speak the truth. Most people are just filtering themselves all the time to conform to the herd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast