starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Remington?

Default What Happened to Remington?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Bankrupt gunmaker Remington Outdoor to be sold in pieces

I took notice of this today after going to Remington's website, and it breaks my heart. The first gun that I ever shot with my dad was a model 870 when I was hardly 10 years old; we have several 870s in the safe and even more that we carry in our pickups on a daily basis. I grew up with these guns, and I am sure that a lot of you out there have too. How could this happen?

What's the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Rankin View Post
    Bankrupt gunmaker Remington Outdoor to be sold in pieces

I took notice of this today after going to Remington's website, and it breaks my heart. The first gun that I ever shot with my dad was a model 870 when I was hardly 10 years old; we have several 870s in the safe and even more that we carry in our pickups on a daily basis. I grew up with these guns, and I am sure that a lot of you out there have too. How could this happen?
    Like many great brands that have been destroyed I suspect the private equity men loaded it with debts it couldn't service.

The headquarters and base of operations in Ilion, New York, terminated 585 jobs this past weekend effective immediately. Remington was founded there and had been in operation for over 200 years.

If I remember correctly, the state was allowing lawsuits stemming from mass shootings that used remington-made guns to proceed, which probably paid a big part in bankrupting the company.

Remington offered to help NY and Gov. Cuomo with manufacturing of needed supplies in (for the dreaded disease) Remington’s manufacturing plant after being shut down... if I remember correctly they never received a response to their offer.

Fuck NY

You are absolutely right. Remington took a huge bullet in a lawsuit that dealt with the Sandy Hook shooting, and I imagine that it became quite expensive. Of course the gun walked into the school and shot those people by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    If I remember correctly, the state was allowing lawsuits stemming from mass shootings that used remington-made guns to proceed, which probably paid a big part in bankrupting the company.
    Yep, this and the cost of stopping and starting production made it difficult to service the huge debts the private equity guys loaded on a few years ago as far as I can see.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The fuck?!
    Lawsuit against a gunmaker because the gun was used?

And then probably the Panpanic shutdowns this year dealt the final blow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast