starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Happened to Remington?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Like many great brands that have been destroyed I suspect the private equity men loaded it with debts it couldn't service.
    This. The “smart” suits from NY thought they could run a gun company better than the gun people.

The parts have been split up and will rise from the ashes.

I think Ruger bought the Marlin division. And the parent company of Palmetto State Armory bought the ammunition operation. PSA will run that better than they did. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoyda View Post
    This. The “smart” suits from NY thought they could run a gun company better than the gun people.

The parts have been split up and will rise from the ashes.

I think Ruger bought the Marlin division. And the parent company of Palmetto State Armory bought the ammunition operation. PSA will run that better than they did. Guaranteed.
    Unfortunately the problem is these suits usually have no intention of running anything. They buy it, then secure huge debts against it to pay themselves back for acquiring it, sell fixed assets like buildings and machinery and lease them back and generally strip and financially engineer everything they can out of a company. In some ways it doesn't matter to them if it fails because they still walk away ahead a lot of the time. All the time they are taking a management fee from their investors to manage their cash. Then when it all falls down their sell the scraps off and in all starts again.

The other thing these companies are after in their acquisitions are the intellectual property - copyrights and patents - and the profits they can make from them without creating a product, or even lifting a finger beyond a lawyer filing the necessary paperwork.

My concern over this development is it encourages the anti-gun crowd to systematically file lawsuits against the remaining firearms companies; and of course they have no clue that if they continue to bankrupt our firearms industry, who will build the weapons for our military?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    The other thing these companies are after in their acquisitions are the intellectual property - copyrights and patents - and the profits they can make from them without creating a product, or even lifting a finger beyond a lawyer filing the necessary paperwork.

My concern over this development is it encourages the anti-gun crowd to systematically file lawsuits against the remaining firearms companies; and of course they have no clue that if they continue to bankrupt our firearms industry, who will build the weapons for our military?
    We don’t need the military, dummy! We’ll just send over bi-lingual social workers, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    We don’t need the military, dummy! We’ll just send over bi-lingual social workers, duh.
    LOL sorry my oversight LOL

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post

Oh yes, I'm sure the ip will end up in an offshore or delaware holding company

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12