starting strength gym

Thread: Question to Rip

Default Question to Rip

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi. Im 33, 6'3. I was sick with a fever/stomach issue. Didnt go to the gym for 9 days. Wasn't eating much in this period, and lost 3 kg, dont from 100 to 97.

Went back to gym and seems ive lost so much strength...i was squatting 3 sets of 5 at 117kg before i got sick, and i couldnt even do 3 at 115 when i came back 3 days ago. I then dropped it to 100kg and struggled to even do 2 sets. My other lifts are significantly down too.
    My quads were really stiff/sore afterwards. Yesterday at the gym (my 2nd visit since returning) it was even worse - i couldnt even squat 2 sets of 100kg.

Can you please advise the best way for me to proceed from now on...i wasnt expecting to be this much weaker after just 9 days off. Do i need to wait intil my quad soreness goes away before i squat again? Do i need to drop all my lifting weights until i can do sets of 5? Im really tired still...do you think i should do a bit less volume until my emergy is back? Thanks.

This must be the first time you've been sick since you've been training. Gain your weight back ASAP, go up from these numbers next workout, and then repeat your last pre-sick workout next.