starting strength gym

Thread: If You Don't Do The Program... - Starting Strength Radio

Default If You Don't Do The Program... - Starting Strength Radio

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I find “how I didn’t do the program” questions even more fun than comments from the haters. You should label them according to phenotype. There’s the “I lift but don’t eat” type, “I eat but not carbs why am I sore type”, the always interesting “I am doing the program just not the squats” type. But my personal favorite is the “I am 45, 5’ 2” and weigh 230 and squat 195 and I’m tired of drinking a gallon of milk a day, this program is not working” phenotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    I find “how I didn’t do the program” questions even more fun than comments from the haters. You should label them according to phenotype. There’s the “I lift but don’t eat” type, “I eat but not carbs why am I sore type”, the always interesting “I am doing the program just not the squats” type. But my personal favorite is the “I am 45, 5’ 2” and weigh 230 and squat 195 and I’m tired of drinking a gallon of milk a day, this program is not working” phenotype.
    I just don't see how these people can have read the book if they are struggling with the novice programming. I think the problem is they haven't and just try to pick up bits off the forum and YouTube. The book is not hard to follow and it couldn't be anymore simple.

The more complex bit for me was translating what I read into the cues necessary to adjust my form in the squat, not programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I just don't see how these people can have read the book if they are struggling with the novice programming. I think the problem is they haven't and just try to pick up bits off the forum and YouTube. The book is not hard to follow and it couldn't be anymore simple.

The more complex bit for me was translating what I read into the cues necessary to adjust my form in the squat, not programming.
    I don’t think 10% of people starting have read any of the book. By the time you read it and practical programming you have a very good idea of what your problems are. You either don’t do the work, don’t sleep well or don’t eat enough or your form is off. The biggest issue I notice just from reading posts is the average person doesn’t realize the NLP will go by fast and then you can start modifying stuff to meet your particular goals. But messing around with it before you’ve run it out is counterproductive. I will say if I could go back and do it all over I would have had a professional coach. My son is virtually coached by Chase and it makes a huge difference. He will end up way better off than me because he is getting form down early and he just does what Chase asks him to do,

Quote Originally Posted by Bbinck1 View Post
    I don’t think 10% of people starting have read any of the book. By the time you read it and practical programming you have a very good idea of what your problems are. You either don’t do the work, don’t sleep well or don’t eat enough or your form is off. The biggest issue I notice just from reading posts is the average person doesn’t realize the NLP will go by fast and then you can start modifying stuff to meet your particular goals. But messing around with it before you’ve run it out is counterproductive. I will say if I could go back and do it all over I would have had a professional coach. My son is virtually coached by Chase and it makes a huge difference. He will end up way better off than me because he is getting form down early and he just does what Chase asks him to do,
    Yes have realised this, I am getting coaching as soon as my gym opens again.