starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SS Radio #88: John Horgan Returns

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My favorite part was John awkwardly suggesting he too would ignore the Stop sign. We all know he would dutifully stop ( in his Prius) just in case he gets T- boned.
    Problem is Rip is coming from directly behind at 150 mph in his truck.
    So let’s just all get on with living because dying is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Me too. It is the science tabloid. Newsweek for science majors.
    Correction, English majors.

Rip, I prefer the solo podcasts. Sorry.

I enjoyed the podcast, and hope Mr. Horgan returns. It’s the only place I’ve seen a fair discussion from both sides. Horgan will probably be loaded for bear next time.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Horgan will probably be loaded for bear next time.
    He better. He got owned.

Rip, what was the name of the medication you referred to that helped 8 people in the same family?

I just looked up ivermectin (my wife is down with TDC-19), but the internets say it's prescription only. Does Mark mean the one for animals, because, even though I can always get another wife, i don't want to have an awkward conversation with her parents. Is it safe for humans?

I was hoping you would establish with him his actual definition of lockdown. This is typically the first way I get these Covid freaks to forget what they have memorized from CNN and turn on their brain just a little bit. Once we actually establish that a "lockdown" in any American jurisdiction isn't literally people staying in their homes 24/7, and actually might not limit community interaction at all (higher volumes of people in grocery stores, corporate box stores, etc.) I find the conversations typically progress a little better.

I then ask them to give me their best estimate of how many "Covid" deaths we would have if no version of a "lockdown" was instituted anywhere (if they argue some kind of intervention in Manhattan/the Burroughs I will give them that) and to back it up with statistics based on areas with strict "lockdowns" + mask mandates vs. those with little to no government intervention. Whatever number they give minus the actual number of reported deaths is a more accurate debate point of whether the economic/cultural/adverse health effects, etc. are worth it. This is a very simple point that seems to get missed all the time. Those arguing for the lockdowns typically always come across as if the whole country "locked down" and wore masks we would have 0 Covid deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by bwaargh View Post
    I just looked up ivermectin (my wife is down with TDC-19), but the internets say it's prescription only. Does Mark mean the one for animals, because, even though I can always get another wife, i don't want to have an awkward conversation with her parents. Is it safe for humans?
    I'm not going to advise you to use a veterinary medication on your wife.

Thank you Rip. But we're Fukd. This guys seemed more open minded than most on the left.
    Surrendering all your rights because someone in "power" is concerned is amazingly horrible.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm not going to advise you to use a veterinary medication on your wife.
    Then it might be a problem to get a prescription for it. A while back my employers sent me to a doctor to get a note, that my breathing is impaired on account of a broken nose. For 30 minutes we kept going on circles: "- Do i have a deviated septum? - Yes. - Then write me a note saying that. - I don't find it to be an excuse to not wear a mask. - Of course you don't. There's no CDC established guideline at which point of breathing impairment you shouldn't have to wear a mask. So just give me a note, that says i have impaired breathing. - I can't. - Why? - Because it doesn't justify not wearing a mask... And so on for 20 minutes until I finally asked if he has some kind of learning disability and he ran out on me and locked himself in his cabinet.

So I don't think many doctors would readily write you a prescription for CDC unapproved treatment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast