starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SS Radio #88: John Horgan Returns

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by bwaargh View Post
    Then it might be a problem to get a prescription for it. A while back my employers sent me to a doctor to get a note, that my breathing is impaired on account of a broken nose. For 30 minutes we kept going on circles: "- Do i have a deviated septum? - Yes. - Then write me a note saying that. - I don't find it to be an excuse to not wear a mask. - Of course you don't. There's no CDC established guideline at which point of breathing impairment you shouldn't have to wear a mask. So just give me a note, that says i have impaired breathing. - I can't. - Why? - Because it doesn't justify not wearing a mask... And so on for 20 minutes until I finally asked if he has some kind of learning disability and he ran out on me and locked himself in his cabinet.

So I don't think many doctors would readily write you a prescription for CDC unapproved treatment.
    Ivermectin is an FDA-approved medication. Look it up.

I had a good laugh at both of you fucking up the statistics. First figuring out the compliment of 0.1% (99.9%) and then totally fucking up the expected number of deaths based on that. You guys somehow ended up with 10 million people dead in the U.S., which is 30 times higher that what it should be based on that death rate. I pretty much fully agreed with your approach, but now that we are already so deep into this mess the fastest way out seems to be the vaccine.

I think the only reasonable argument in defense of the current approach was that we are better prepared if something really deadly pops up. It sounds kind of silly to argue this, but given that this is the third coronavirus outbreak in the 21st century (SARS, MERS, COVID-19) maybe it actually will end up being useful to refine this model of response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ivermectin is an FDA-approved medication. Look it up.
    What I am saying is, it looks like I need a prescription to get it. I only have a single experience dealing with american healthcare providers and based on that, I wonder, what should I give as "reason for medication". My concern is, if I will be honest and say I need it to treat covid (based on unfinished clinical trials), I will most likely be denied. I am just looking for an advice on how to get it, if someone already tried it.

I'm sorry, I cannot complete this sentence for you.

I'm sorry that Carmen couldn't visit her mother, and that Bre can't visit her grandmother. I sure hope Bre can see her grandma soon.

This is an important interview. I admire Rip for his professionalism, smoothness and patience. I can't do what you did, Rip. I just don't have it in me. How do you do this without losing your shit?

Thanks for holding it together and allowing us to experience the mind of this thought leader.

The guest has done no research on his own; instead he's relied on his celebrity thought leaders. AND, he has a VERY strong opinion. Seems like a bad combination of attributes for a science writer. However, it is exactly the right attributes for Scientific American, I'm sure.

Anyway, I should not have listened to this right before bed time. I will not sleep tonight. It made me realize that people aren't getting "better".

Good discussion on the show. It gets a bit single-sided on this forum regarding this specific topic. More of an echo chamber than a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stanton View Post
    I had a good laugh at both of you fucking up the statistics. First figuring out the compliment of 0.1% (99.9%) and then totally fucking up the expected number of deaths based on that. You guys somehow ended up with 10 million people dead in the U.S., which is 30 times higher that what it should be based on that death rate. I pretty much fully agreed with your approach, but now that we are already so deep into this mess the fastest way out seems to be the vaccine.

I think the only reasonable argument in defense of the current approach was that we are better prepared if something really deadly pops up. It sounds kind of silly to argue this, but given that this is the third coronavirus outbreak in the 21st century (SARS, MERS, COVID-19) maybe it actually will end up being useful to refine this model of response.
    Sorry but, I am not seeing how the vaccine changes anything. So long as the myth of the asymptomatic spreader is allowed to be perpetuated by the media and the so-called health experts, then the possibility of vaccinated people becoming asymptomatic spreaders is a myth that can also exist.

If it is possible to become an asymptomatic spreader, post-vaccination, then your vaccine certificate cannot definitively attest that you are not infectious within any given slice of time — even if you are symptom free. This myth will be staunchly defended by those in control.

The goalposts will move to where the best outcome we can expect from the vaccine is to reduce the number of deaths and the severity of illness for those infected. They will have forgotten to tell us that the vaccine was never expected to reduce transmission of Covid and we must continue with existing mitigation measures until something better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by newguyray View Post
    They will have forgotten to tell us that the vaccine was never expected to reduce transmission of Covid and we must continue with existing mitigation measures until something better comes along.
    Why must we continue to mitigate a disease that has a survival rate of 99.97%?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why must we continue to mitigate a disease that has a survival rate of 99.97%?
    Mark, the simple answer is that trying to mitigate the spread of this virus is insanity. I wasn’t supporting continuing mitigation, I was only pointing out that the asymptomatic spreader lie will be used to continue mitigation measures even after mass vaccination is achieved — because the people making these decisions are evil.

Personally, I’m a supporter of resurrecting the practice of tarring and feathering people who violate the public trust. Let’s rebuild the stocks in public squares and let “Dr.” Faucci be the first to go on display.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast