starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Lockout

Default Deadlift Lockout

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mark

I'm a competitive IPF masters 2 female powerlifter and read a lot of your material.

I'm struggling with my deadlift lockout, always fast off the floor, but struggle in the last third, get "stuck" mid thigh and wondering if you have an article or advice which may provide some pointers on what's wrong with it?

Funny thing is my squat has improved dramatically and will overtake my deadlift soon - which seems to indicate to me my strength is ok but my deadlift technique is off.

I do have an SI issue in my right hip, which lead to an imbalance and really annoying high hamstring problem on the left leg.

Currently squating 1rm 140 kilos but can't get past 145 kilos on deadlift.

Deadlift conventional, have trained sumo, but definitely stronger conventional.

It's almost like I can't get my hips through to lock it out. Wondering if that's a problem that accessory work might help?

Cheers
    Natasha

This is a classic case of the correct application of Rack Pulls, as described in the book.

Cheers. Will review book advice and add into program.

Mark. Did first session of Rack pulls. Could feel the benefit - helped tightened up lats and got hip hinge working better. Also using strap's (which wouldn't normally) allowed me to concentrate on form technique, just getting over the bar a little more that the rack allows for makes a big difference. Great excercise, looking forward to alternating with the halted deadlift next week. Cheers👊