starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivermectin for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    What do you think the motive is for maintaining the narrative?
    It's usually money.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    It’s not about money;
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    What do you think the motive is for maintaining the narrative?
    Power.
    Nothing tops power.
    You might have a lot of money, but it can still be taken away by power (ask Mikhail Khodorkovsky, for example).

Controlling people's body is pretty close to ultimate power, in the sense that once people relinquish control of their body, you can have them do what you want.

In the specific case, I think vaccination will be used as a way to get people used to the idea of carrying a 'rights passport'; from there, it's a short step towards a society where rights are conditional on good behaviour, similar to the social credit system already in use in China.

All imho, of course.

IPB

Ray,

I am waiting on test results, but I am 99% certain that I have COVID-19. I'd suspect a severe cold/flu otherwise, but my loss of taste and smell is now 100% and the nurse at the clinic told me that's pretty much better than any test. I couldn't get my hands on ivermectin because I guess the secret is out.

In lieu of ivermectin, I read about doctors prescribing very large quantities of D3. 60,000 IU. So, that's what I took, along with some doxicyclene. I know it's an antibiotic, but the way I figure it, lying in bed for days on end is a breeding ground for bacterial pneumonia and that does frighten me. My fever has now been broken for approaching 24 hours. I get the occasional cough, but it's very strange. I get a tickle in my throat or upper chest area, but instinctively know I can't do anything about it - like coughing wouldn't help. That builds for approximately 1-2 hours and then I let out one big, nasty cough and feel fine for several more hours.

My symptoms now are mostly like that of a head cold: runny nose and congestion. Whether anything I did helped or not, I don't know.

Also, to provide a wildly anecdotal, kook-sounding, report: I truly felt like my muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints took the onslaught of the infection. I kept telling myself: "Your strong enough in those areas to take it. Let that do the work. Don't let the lungs take this. Let your muscles take it." Realistically, I know I didn't really have much say in the matter, but I FELT like the things I've been training for over a year now intercepted and blunted the attack. Despite how bad the pain was, I refused to take Tylenol because I didn't want to kill the fever. What I will say is that if what I felt in my muscles is what people are feeling in their lungs, then I do pity them. No fun, man.. No fun at all. That said, the muscle pain went away when the fever went away and now I just ache from lying in bed for several days.

What I'd really like to do is go out in my garage and do a set of 5 on the deadlift at 135 and maybe pull some of the knots out of my back, neck and shoulders. I'd have bigger problems at that point, though... Chiefly, my wife would be the biggest threat to my health.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Ray,
    I couldn't get my hands on ivermectin because I guess the secret is out.
    I want to make sure you saw Dr. Holme's phone number, above, and the rest of the prescribing doctors in the US, listed here.

If the problem is that all local pharmacies are sold out, there is always rx delivery or the other option that I mentioned in my initial post. It depends how you view the risk/reward equation.

In lieu of ivermectin, I read about doctors prescribing very large quantities of D3. 60,000 IU.
    Vit D is recommended as part of the I-MASK+ prophylaxis protocol. I haven't done enough research on Vit D and COVID to comment on the mega-dose approach. For info on Vit D as part of the FLCCC's I-MASK+ prophylaxis protocol, check out page 13 of this guide.

What I'd really like to do is go out in my garage and do a set of 5 on the deadlift at 135
    Funny you mention that. My wife wanted to train today. I suggested that if she's anxious to get under a barbell, she should warm up only instead of producing a training stress, to leave her recovery resources to fight off whatever is left of this infection. She's had no worse than a mild cold since her symptoms started and she is following I-MASK+. Oddly enough, her loss of taste and smell only started today and the rest of her symptoms are now nearly imperceptible - with the exception of fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    I want to make sure you saw Dr. Holme's phone number, above, and the rest of the prescribing doctors in the US, listed here.

If the problem is that all local pharmacies are sold out, there is always rx delivery or the other option that I mentioned in my initial post. It depends how you view the risk/reward equation.
    Thanks, Ray! I think I've turned the corner with it, but my wife hasn't showed even the slightest sign of it. I'm going to give Dr. Holme's a call tomorrow and get some just in case.

Vit D is recommended as part of the I-MASK+ prophylaxis protocol. I haven't done enough research on Vit D and COVID to comment on the mega-dose approach. For info on Vit D as part of the FLCCC's I-MASK+ prophylaxis protocol, check out page 13 of this guide.
    Oh, I did it with very little research behind it. More on a whim. The MedCram channel on YouTube has been a very good knowledge bank, and I think, a very unbiased source of information regarding COVID-19 and the mechanisms of how it works. Somewhere, a few months ago, I heard him say they were having some success with Vitamin D supplementation and that in India they hit people with megadoses for 7 days and then pulled it back to a normal supplementation value with decent success. Good enough for me to try it. Basically, I took the recommendation of some guy who took the recommendation from some other guy on the internet. Smart, huh?

Funny you mention that. My wife wanted to train today. I suggested that if she's anxious to get under a barbell, she should warm up only instead of producing a training stress, to leave her recovery resources to fight off whatever is left of this infection. She's had no worse than a mild cold since her symptoms started and she is following I-MASK+. Oddly enough, her loss of taste and smell only started today and the rest of her symptoms are now nearly imperceptible - with the exception of fatigue.
    That's my worry. I'm not looking to stress anything, but a few light deadlifts and some presses would probably feel really good right about now. I'll wait until tomorrow, I think, when I have well over 24 hours without a fever and then give it a go. I'm not looking for PR's, but my upper back and neck area are trashed from lying in bed so much.

I am waiting on test results, but I am 99% certain that I have COVID-19.
    Also, to provide a wildly anecdotal, kook-sounding, report: I truly felt like my muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints took the onslaught of the infection. at all.
    That said, the muscle pain went away when the fever went away and now I just ache from lying in bed for several days.
    I'm curious: what was your experience with the muscle pains? Back in October/November, I had breathing issues, and some severe muscle issues in my upper back. My traps had knots everywhere all the way into my neck. I often get knots/strains but this was most severe. I figured I did this during training since collarbone under my neck was (and still is) swollen. So I figured maybe an AC injury plus strains all over the traps from hard lifts that were too heavy or whatever. Around this time, I was interacting with people and in every group I met with, at least one person had covid symptoms and tested positive within a week of meeting with me. I didn't have any normal cold symptoms like congestion, fever, or anything like that nor any taste/smell issues. So, I'm wondering if muscle aches from covid can be similar to what we experience with strains from training.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    I'm curious: what was your experience with the muscle pains? Back in October/November, I had breathing issues, and some severe muscle issues in my upper back. My traps had knots everywhere all the way into my neck. I often get knots/strains but this was most severe. I figured I did this during training since collarbone under my neck was (and still is) swollen. So I figured maybe an AC injury plus strains all over the traps from hard lifts that were too heavy or whatever. Around this time, I was interacting with people and in every group I met with, at least one person had covid symptoms and tested positive within a week of meeting with me. I didn't have any normal cold symptoms like congestion, fever, or anything like that nor any taste/smell issues. So, I'm wondering if muscle aches from covid can be similar to what we experience with strains from training.
    Imagine you PR'd your squat, deadlift, and overhead press while fasting. Then imagine you went out drinking, still not having eaten anything, got in a brawl and lost. Then you ended up in the drunk tank where you slept on the cold floor all night. Think about how you would feel the next day. It was like that until the fever broke and then it was like someone flipped a switch and it completely vanished: All of it.

The worst offenders were anywhere a lingering injury was. The low grade tendinitis in my elbow felt like someone hit it with a hammer. The strain in my right butt cheek felt like a mule kicked it. I felt like someone beat the living shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's usually money.
    Money is nice, but Twitter and Facebook have that already. What they crave is arbitrary power. Even Fauci probably already has money and craves power and prestige.

These assholes have see themselves as the great heroes in this story. They've already written their heroic speeches and cast their favored actors for maximum dramatic impact.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchless View Post
    Money is nice, but Twitter and Facebook have that already. What they crave is arbitrary power.
    They already have that too. They just won an election with it.

starting strength coach development program
    I am currently taking Ivermectin for Covid.

Timeline:
    Months ago: I bought some of the horse paste after reading some papers on Ivermectin and hearing that Peru (I think) was having great success with it. I bought it on the off chance that it was going to work.
    Week(s) ago: Heard Rip raving about Ivermectin, was surprised that people were actually using it here in the US off label.
    1/4: Did not feel right when I woke up, almost like a hangover. Didn't know for sure if I was sick but suspected I might be coming down with something. Developed a fever the night of. Very unpleasant night.
    1/5: Woke up with a fever, chills, cough, and headache. Immediately scheduled a covid test, first available was 10:30am. I thought I might need this to get a legit ivermectin prescription. (I was hoping to get pills so I wouldn't have to risk misdosing myself using horse paste.) They said the test would take 2-4 days to come back. I did not want to give the virus 2-4 days to multiply and get into my nervous system and lungs. Found this thread. Texted Dr Holmes. He got back to me a few hours later and phoned in a prescription to CVS. Total cost was $65 for the consultation and like $50 for the medication including doxycycline. Took the first dose of Ivermectin before going to bed. 15mg, pills.
    1/6: Woke up not feeling great but not as bad. About 12 hours after taking the ivermectin (mid morning) most of my symptoms disappeared. headache gone, cough mostly gone, chills gone, fever broke. Over the rest of the day I watched my temperature return to normal.
    1/7: Slept decently, had something like a sore throat in the morning but it went away very quickly. I'm coughing a bit still. Covid test came back positive.

Current state is I feel pretty good but I can still tell something is not right. I feel sort of like I am coming down with something. I have another dose of Ivermectin scheduled in 2 days and I am hoping that symptoms do not return before then.

I will try to post more updates on how I progress. Very impressed with this so far. After doing some more reading it seems like Ivermectin might work on a few other viruses too so I am going to keep some around for emergency situations forever.

Thanks so much for posting this thread with the directory of doctors and everything. Made it very fast to get the medication I needed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast