starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ivermectin for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by frogtech View Post
    I am currently taking Ivermectin for Covid.

Timeline:
    Months ago: I bought some of the horse paste after reading some papers on Ivermectin and hearing that Peru (I think) was having great success with it. I bought it on the off chance that it was going to work.
    Week(s) ago: Heard Rip raving about Ivermectin, was surprised that people were actually using it here in the US off label.
    1/4: Did not feel right when I woke up, almost like a hangover. Didn't know for sure if I was sick but suspected I might be coming down with something. Developed a fever the night of. Very unpleasant night.
    1/5: Woke up with a fever, chills, cough, and headache. Immediately scheduled a covid test, first available was 10:30am. I thought I might need this to get a legit ivermectin prescription. (I was hoping to get pills so I wouldn't have to risk misdosing myself using horse paste.) They said the test would take 2-4 days to come back. I did not want to give the virus 2-4 days to multiply and get into my nervous system and lungs. Found this thread. Texted Dr Holmes. He got back to me a few hours later and phoned in a prescription to CVS. Total cost was $65 for the consultation and like $50 for the medication including doxycycline. Took the first dose of Ivermectin before going to bed. 15mg, pills.
    1/6: Woke up not feeling great but not as bad. About 12 hours after taking the ivermectin (mid morning) most of my symptoms disappeared. headache gone, cough mostly gone, chills gone, fever broke. Over the rest of the day I watched my temperature return to normal.
    1/7: Slept decently, had something like a sore throat in the morning but it went away very quickly. I'm coughing a bit still. Covid test came back positive.

Current state is I feel pretty good but I can still tell something is not right. I feel sort of like I am coming down with something. I have another dose of Ivermectin scheduled in 2 days and I am hoping that symptoms do not return before then.

I will try to post more updates on how I progress. Very impressed with this so far. After doing some more reading it seems like Ivermectin might work on a few other viruses too so I am going to keep some around for emergency situations forever.

Thanks so much for posting this thread with the directory of doctors and everything. Made it very fast to get the medication I needed.
    It took me a little over a week to shake most of the symptoms. I had a relatively mild case and took nothing but a few sips of Nyquil.

My local Rural King has an ample supply of DuraMectin. It’s a plastic syringe of paste containing 1.87% Ivermectin, 0.21 oz. Sublabel “anthelmintic & boticide”. $2.99 per tube. Manufacturer appears to be “durvet”.

It does warn “not for use in humans”, and “this product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in dogs, may result”.

Not looking for medical advice. We are just schmucks on the internet.

The dogs in question are the Collie breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The dogs in question are the Collie breeds.
    That seems to imply bobman’s birddogs are not collies? I’m a city mouse.

No, bird dogs are not Collies.

Get the basic ivermectin 1% do not use Ivermec plus or any other version of the medicine on dogs of any breed

And I believe it’s several bearding breeds so do your research

My vet taught me how to use it and he and I have been using it since the eighties for heart worms and other parasites

the max dose on dogs is 1/10 th cc per 10 lbs I live in Georgia which is heartworm central and have never had a heartworm positive dog

You can also google the slow kill method developed by UGA vet school using ivermectin for dogs that are positive (which saves a ton of money) but the first treatment needs to be done at the vets office because a serious case of heartworm can cause a dog to go into anaphylaxis and that’s an emergency situation

You draw it out of the bottle with a syringe remove the needle and squirt it in their mouth it tastes like slow gin lol ( yeah I tasted it and am still alive)

You have to do this every thirty days it only kills the microfilaria ( heartworms under 40 days old)

Saves me a lot of money but may not be wroth the effort if you only have one dog

Hope this clears it up

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No, bird dogs are not Collies.
    what is different about the Collies ?
    serious question

Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    what is different about the Collies ?
    serious question
    Why shouldn’t my collie have ivermectin wormers? - Goddard Veterinary Group.

Are humans known to suffer from genetic mutation MDR1, which would allow ivermectin to cross the human blood-brain barrier?

starting strength coach development program
    Were that the case, you would probably have heard about it from the media.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast